PDA

View Full Version : Home made solutions

explorer
11-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Man this Woolite solution is great, I have to thank ScottWax for this one.:up

The hard water spot remover is another blessing.

How about more, I know that the more experienced Autopians must have tons up their sleeves.

Share with us your knowledge, lets make a list of your favorite home made solutions.

Eg. Woolite -water 1 to 6-leather and interior cleaner(ScottWax)

There are more that will leave us:shocked :scared :bounce

Come on do not be shy:D :D :D !!!!!!!give;) ;)

chip douglas
11-01-2003, 04:59 PM
the eraser trick to get white wax/compound residue out of porous molding is a success

Just want to let you know for those who haven`t tried it yet, that the dirt cheap staple(store) is a success........i just got in after i gave it a go, and much to amazement i tworks lke a charm without too much elbow grease.....point in case : this white staining on the inside rubber seal of my doors, which a loca detailer told me i would never be able to get out, and i had to live with it ..........well A BIG FALSE to him as i got it out literally like magic with a ordinary pink eraser(3 for 1$) at staples !

I just couldn`t believe how easy it was to remove that staining with the eraser, using the sharp edge of it...plus i also removed white staining from previous waxing, abck where i didnt know better .

This nifty trick is so handy that i`d like to start a thread to gather all of them tricks like the above, or we could use this thread.

I`ll see how it goes.........i really wanted to share, as it is worth it

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

MBZ 500E
11-01-2003, 05:55 PM
A friend and I were experimenting with Glass Cleaners and we`ve determined the following blend.

80% Concentration Isopropyl Alcohol added to DI Water in a 20:80 Concentration respectfully. Add this to a high quality sprayer and you`ve got cheap safe glass cleaner that works amazing and streak free.:up

BTW others on this site have recommended this in the past so it`s not original, just though I`d post it again though.

BumpersPlus2
11-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Their is a thread titled the little tricks you`ve learned thread, has alot of tips and tricks. Just trying to help, not bash on you. Here is a trick, use anti-static spray and rubber gloves to get dog hair up.

explorer
11-01-2003, 06:48 PM
I would like to apologize to DR.Jones I did not search for this so I started this thread , now thanks to Bumpers Plus for opening my eyes, and I found it , it is all that I was searching for and more:bow

Forgive me all , and for these tricks see DR Jones thread:xyxthumbs

chip douglas
11-01-2003, 10:50 PM
;) good news then.....i`ll make sure to see it a.s.a.p

Thanks again all for your time and tips, i always appreciate. ...just wanted to say that.

:xyxthumbs :wavey