PDA

View Full Version : Question To BIG Car Owners

Pages : [1] 2

explorer
11-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Started to wash my SUV`s with Sheepskin mitt today(used to wash with brushes),on my XL-7 I can reach afway across the roof therefore from the two sides I can reach the whole roof , but not so on the Explorer(a little higher) so I`m leaving a strip down the middle of the roof that I can`t reach, ........Question is there sheepskin on a handle? That would make my life a little easier.

I am already using a bench about 18" high.......I blame my parents for this, they should of given me fertilizer I`m only 5` tall:D :D :D

explorer
11-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Owners:o :o sorry for that one

GoodnClean
11-01-2003, 03:02 PM
I just always use a little stool to wash the top of my Explorer.

luke667
11-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Do you have a Suzuki Xl-7? I been thinking about that.... or the Nissan Patrol....how are you finding it? I have Nissan X trail and a SUzuki Vitara at the moment...can you post some pics..

And one more important detail for me...can you fit 20`s easily in there? thanks

LouisanaJeeper
11-01-2003, 06:15 PM
i just pop the door open and stand on the lower door jamb. I am a bit taller than 5` though.

explorer
11-01-2003, 07:42 PM
That looks good , but I am thinking of building one with wheels , maybe even a little longer than that one, I used to work with wood it will be the bench of the benches, I`ll post a pic once donne, it won`t happen this year it is getting to cold around here to detail, I guess I got to go back to the touchless soon:( :angry

explorer
11-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Luke667 ,

I love my XL-7 Limited, it runs very smooth,a great car over all, I will post a pic soon:up

GoodnClean
11-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Thats a neat bench NozeBleed, what did you pay for it?

The only problem with building one on wheels would be the stability. Unless you could build something that retracted the wheels when you put load on it...

imported_NHBFAN
11-01-2003, 10:10 PM
I stand on top of my 5 gallon wash bucket to reach the middle of my hood of my truck.

CRXSi90
11-01-2003, 10:38 PM
When washing large vehicles, I stand on the wheel...just stick your foot on, grab the roof rack, and give your self a little boost. I guess this wouldn`t work for the part of the roof that is more frontward, but it works for the back...either open a door, or get an object to stand on...That is how my operation works, at least...

luke667
11-02-2003, 06:00 AM
i manage cos i am 6 foot 6...period hehe

imported_Aurora40
11-02-2003, 09:30 AM
I stand on the wheels, or open the front door for SUV`s. Grabbing the roof rack is helpful. Though I`m also taller than 5` (by about a foot). I`ve never had a problem reaching the roof on big cars, though. Just SUV`s.

I would think a stool on wheels would be a pretty unsafe idea.... :eek:

explorer
11-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Safety!!!who cares about safety:D just kidding

I was thinking of something like on a baby stroller , with brakes:wavey

Accumulator
11-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Explorer- I don`t think you`d really need the wheels. I have a platform similar to NozeBleedSpeed`s (I now wonder how I EVER got by without it) and I just pick it up and move it around. All kidding aside, you sure don`t want an accident.

explorer
11-02-2003, 10:40 AM
I`m already using one similar to that one except mine is made of wood, very strong, maybe I just build one a little higher:xyxthumbs

Thanks for your concerns fellows , you right I`ll leave the wheels out:bow