PDA

View Full Version : Imitated, but never duplicated...

G35stilez
09-06-2004, 06:23 PM
...at least around here :)

So I was out S+W`ing Liz`s Saab and my Integra today, as I do every 3-5 days. I also clean out the door jams, clean the rims up, re-apply tire and wheel well dressings, and clean the windows. It`s just part of my Quick Detail routine.

Well, Liz and I live in an appartment about 7 mins from school in which a lot of fellow students live at as well. A lot of them glance at my work as I am doing it, but no one really bothers to ask about it. I would be glad to help, but I guess they have their own routine down.

So I finish up and see a dirty civic with 2 students drive by and park about 8 parking spots away. I run inside, then back out to grab my woolite:water mix, 4* star leather conditioner, an MF towel, and foam applicator to detail my leather couch, and I see water running down the hill. They are running in and out of the appartment with buckets of water dumping them on the car. So I stay there and out comes the bucket `o soap and a nice yellow sponge. I see them scrubbing in nice circles. I found this too funny so I ran in, grabbed my camera, and took a pic from underneath the parking garages (incognito!) as they dryed with the bath towels.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC02697.jpg

Sorry, just found it funny :D . Here is a shot of Liz`s Saab and my Integra taken from the balcony of our appartment. All the garage spots are full, but the parking spots are rather wide, so it`s all good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC02696.jpg

Anybody else experience funny stuff like this?

The Chee
09-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Hehe that`s funny Sean, take a close up pic of the black Integra, I bet it`s full of swirls, wonder what`s he`s drying it with?is that a rag or an old t shirt?:wait

G35stilez
09-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Chee: It was a Civic and when they drove by I spotted a ton of swirls through the dirty paint. I believe he was using a bath towel, but I wasn`t that close :)

willbjew
09-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Man that reminds me of me a few months ago before i saw the light. Now thanks to yall i am going to be a pro in no time.....( cough cough).... Jk
Will

brwill2004
09-07-2004, 12:01 PM
I always feel very confident in my detailing knowledge when I see other people trying to clean and shine their own cars. Most people simply do not have the knowledge we have in using the proper products and techniques.

RJ SD
09-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey, that`s me in the picture!!

Just kidding! I think that`s how most of us here were at one point or another. It`s funny that they don`t ask for advice or anything. I guess they like mediocrity :(

JaredPointer
09-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Good post, but I can see the point of view from both sides. I really have a passion for keeping a car clean and tidy as does most everyone else here at DC. But I think we should all remember, different people have different passions. Some people just don`t care about cleaning a car. I have a good friend that doesn`t care about detailing. He`d wash with a Brillo pad if it was handy. But, he has taught me a lot about other things that he is very dedicated to that I really am not interested in. These type people will have a car for a few years, and then get something else. Let`s be thankful for this for a couple of reasons. One, it keeps a lot of the professional detailers in work and a steady income. Another, if we ALL liked to be anal about our cars, it would be kinda boring don`t ya think? No one would really have a car that stood out. It`s nice to see that most of us here know what we are doing, but let`s not berate, belittle, or poke fun at the people who don`t know or don`t care (not that you or this post is doing that). Let`s just take a considerate attitude toward it when someone does ask our advice or compliment our work. I have seen some flat out rude people when it comes to asking about their car and/or cleaning regime. That doesn`t shed a good light on the detailing community. I know when I first came to DC, I did not know half as much as I know now. Anyways, good post. Your cars are always nice to look at. (This is just an observation...please don`t take this post the wrong way!! :) )