PDA

View Full Version : Got my Pc Today(Have a ton of questions)

mr24ever
10-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Well I got the PC7424 today. Here are the quesions. I`ve been using s100 polish and wax. Now that I have a pc and a gallon of dacp, what other good stuff should i use after dacp. Do I just wax it after dacp?

:confused: :xyxthumbs

acl99
10-31-2003, 11:13 PM
might want to use a final polish after the dacp before you wax. dacp might leave alittle haze.

imported_BretFraz
11-01-2003, 06:45 AM
I`ve used your combo several times with great success. DACP with a cutting or polishing pad, GEPC with a finishing pad, S100 by hand. The paint should look awesome when you`re done.

fidelfs
11-01-2003, 11:25 AM
After you finish with DACP you have to knock down a notch and use another Swirl remove to really leave a perfect paint.

Later you can polish your paint to get the mirror look.

Those previous steps are only prep steps; you now can wax the car.

:xyxthumbs

Magellan498
11-01-2003, 03:11 PM
You really don`t need a finishing polish after DACP if you work it in completely. Diminishing abrasives do all the work.

But do what works for you.

imported_BretFraz
11-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Magellan498

You really don`t need a finishing polish after DACP if you work it in completely. Diminishing abrasives do all the work.

But do what works for you.

Exactly right. That`s why there is no one perfect combination. Each car is in different condition. What works perfectly on one car may not work well on another.

For me, sometimes DACP is all I need. Other times I need a milder polish after DACP. It all depends on the car I`m working on and it`s condition. Plus I have to consider what protectant I`m using and the type of prep it needs prior to use. Each car needs the same amount of consideration.

LOTA OT
11-03-2003, 11:53 AM
With DACP, I also find the final finish depends not only on the individual car, but also on the pad you use and it`s condition. A cutting pad may leave a little haze while a polishing pad may not.

If you are going to go the length to remove all your swirls with DACP, I`d go the extra step and use a finer SMR or light polish to remove any possible hazing. I`ve waxed directly after DACP and I still think an interim polish really gives it extra pop.

Your choice.

Michael