PDA

View Full Version : "Wet Paint"

mikemess
10-31-2003, 09:29 PM
I was in the parts store today and the guy behind the counter was extolling the virtues of "Wet Paint". Has anybody heard of this stuff?

http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/

CRXSi90
10-31-2003, 10:53 PM
I`ve never heard of it, but it seems like they make some pretty bold claims...ones I would be inclined not to believe. Sounds like another "miracle product."

tpgsr
10-31-2003, 11:18 PM
One of the truly outstanding features of Wet Paint is its ability to clean, polish and protect the finish of a dirty vehicle without scratching any of its highly vulnerable surfaces. While most people would cringe at the mere thought of dirt and grime being massaged into the finish of an expensive vehicle, we suggest the following test to prove that Wet Paint really does work.

Start the test by polishing an "inconspicuous area" such as a dirty spot under the hood or trunk lid, or behind a door opening. As you gain confidence, try polishing a dirty chrome wheel, a taillight lens or a lower quarter panel. It won’t be long till you’re boldly using Wet Paint on every hard, non-porous surface in sight, including the ones that really matter. In a few short minutes, the truth will become readily apparent: Under normal circumstances, washing a vehicle before polishing it is a total waste of time! Furthermore, you’ll soon begin to realize that previous car washings were the source of many of the scratches already on your vehicle!.

UMMMM SCARY!! SCARY!! SCARY!! but who knows maybe they have a miracle product that can disolve dirt and sharp particles that will scratch the paint i would be very very skeptical. But hey every product deserves a chance. Just like mark with AW had his chance, maybe someone will test this and give us a review

NOT IT :)

Scottwax
10-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Sounds a little too much like Dri-Wash.

Scottwax
10-31-2003, 11:27 PM
"If you have a photo you’d like to submit to this site, e-mail it to steve@wetpaintglaze.com. Or, use the postal service to mail it to:

Advanced Techniques, Inc.

611 Industrial Park Blvd

Elbow Lake, MN 5653-4209

If we use your photo on this page, we’ll send you an entire case of Wet Paint for FREE! (All mailed photos will be returned as soon as possible.)"

Hmmm, I`ve got some real good pics, wonder if I claimed I used Wet Paint on them I could score a free case so we could all test it?

Ha Ha, but that would be unethical of me. :lol

GoodnClean
11-01-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Ha Ha, but that would be unethical of me. :lol

Go for it!

Eros
11-01-2003, 06:24 AM
It is a Dri Wash with a different name.

I used to use this product before I found AUTOPIA.

WET PAINT will cause scratches and swirl mark on your paint

:down :nono

mikemess
11-01-2003, 07:01 PM
I also find it interesting that any terry towel will do and fabric softener is o.k. Also a pc isn`t of much use.