PDA

View Full Version : Desperate

ALOPEZ13
10-31-2003, 11:33 AM
I still haven`t received any useless feedback about my problem. Could someone please help? I`m desperate. For those who haven`t read my problem, it`s the following. I recently just put a Bra on the hood of my vehicle. After a day or two of rain. I decided I would wait until the weekend to remove the Bra and wash the vehicle, but when I took off the Bra I noticed a spot that looks faded, I`ve heard of this problem before and I`ve been told it`s probably contaminated paint. If thats the problem can I please get some good solutions. Thank You :nixweiss I`m Lost

imported_Tony
10-31-2003, 11:58 AM
I dont use a bra but I have heard this complaint several times and it appears to be a common problem. If you have tried the hair dryer by slowly heating the area and that did not work then call the bra manufacture for recommendations.

good luck

imported_Tony
10-31-2003, 02:07 PM
Alopez13: your reply to this post did not work. Please try again.

le_mouton_noir
11-03-2003, 07:49 PM
I think I have the same problem. The rain just began here but I didn`t get the da*n bra off fast enough. So now the front edge of the hood is clouded and white, and on a black car blech! Really does look like there is water under the clear coat. Tried polish (before it occurred to me there might be moisture under the clearcoat) which of course did nothing but make the cloudiness shinier. I did notice that the next morning the fogginess seemed to have faded on it own. Tried to park it in the sun today and I`ll try to hair dryer trick later. I`ll let you know if it works.

explorer
11-03-2003, 08:06 PM
I would try a paint cleaner of your choice, I`m sure it will come out great.

Great reviews on AIO:wavey

But like I said try any over the counter first

le_mouton_noir
11-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Sorry I meant paint cleaner in my previous post. Actually the hair dryer trick seems to be working albeit slow, which I guess isn`t a bad thing. I spent about an hour working the dryer back and forth across the white areas. The surface of the car never got warmer than it might on a partly cloudy day. I definitely could see an improvement after about 15 minutes and this morning the lighter white areas are just about back to normal. It`s supposed to be sunny today so I`ve hoping mother nature will help finish the project. Thanks for the tips.:up

imported_Totoland Mach
11-04-2003, 11:20 AM
You might try a heat lamp or radiant heater as well. I had the dreaded white haze appear on a 911T year`s ago. Used a heat lamp for approx. 1/2 day and that dried up the moisture.

blackntan
11-04-2003, 12:25 PM
moisture under the clear? WTF?? Does anyone have pics? How can this be possible? I mean, it`s paint.. Not a clear bra or something...

cackleberry
11-04-2003, 02:55 PM
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago on a red 1990 Jetta. Got rained on all night, then sat out in the Florida sun with the bra on. At the time I was working at a VW dealer and I tried every polish I could find, hairdryers, you name it. After MANY hours of work polishing and being patient with the heat gun it got better, but not by much. It took almost a year for it to work itself completely out. Hope you have better luck! I would go to the local bodyshop and ask them if they have any ideas.

le_mouton_noir
11-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Well today was sunny all day. When I last checked at lunch time I could barely detect any white areas. Looks like the sun was the best heat lamp/hair dryer.

I need to investigate an alternative method of protecting my front end. I was pretty careful with the bra on my last car, but this one (car) is black and shows everything.