PDA

View Full Version : Help on clay bar use.

luke667
10-31-2003, 05:01 AM
Hey guys, i been a lurker on this forum for a couple months, occasionally postin, and all your help had enabled me to get the cleanest car i have ever had :up

we only get autoglym and meguiars over here...thinkin of usin clay, but worried that the difference won`t be noticeable and that it is very hard to use.

I used the search for clay but it brings up 30 pages of stuff :eek:

so i am hopin some one can point me in the right direction

thanks guys,:wavey

imported_BretFraz
10-31-2003, 06:44 AM
Well, here`s one thread that may help:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14212

And another:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/clwicl.html

Lowejackson
10-31-2003, 06:54 AM
You should have no problems getting clay in the UK. You will not regret buying clay.

imported_kgb
10-31-2003, 07:38 AM
CLAY CLAY CLAY! If you are worried then just do the hood to start. Feel the hood with your hands before you clay and then after...you will then see why you need to clay. :D

ohms69
10-31-2003, 07:44 AM
I`ve just ordered some 3M clay....It`s not cheap mind!

£18 seems rather a lot to me...I also purchased some 3m PI-III Machine polish and PI-III finishing glaze. This was good value at £11 for a litre, should last a lifetime!

I`ve decided to use products which are readily available here in the UK and having spent an awful lot of time reading over the last few days I`ve come to the conclusion that it`s far better to properly understand how to use a product than to go crazy searching for that miracle shine product(I don`t think it exists).

Once I`ve experimented and have a better understanding of different products more specific uses then I may buy more!! Practice makes perfect as is so often the case with just about everything in life.

I just bought some MF towels from believe it or not ALDI! They were £1 each and are in my opinon excellent. They areas thick as the megs miracle wipe I own and feature 70% polyester and 30% polyamide. I`ve absolutely thrashed a cd with these babies and can see no reportable marring.

£10 for 10 MF towels

Happy...In a word!

luke667
10-31-2003, 07:53 AM
BARGAIN! thanks for the replies guys

Lowejackson
10-31-2003, 08:04 AM
Once you have used clay, you will wonder how you ever lived without it. Dont forget to cut it up into small chunks. If you drop the clay - bin it. Also use on your windscreen.

imported_gxlex
10-31-2003, 09:29 AM
I`m a believer as of last night and it was real simple to use. I said go for it and it will make your car nice and smooth.

imported_Tony
10-31-2003, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ohms69

[B]I`ve decided to use products which are readily available here in the UK and having spent an awful lot of time reading over the last few days I`ve come to the conclusion that it`s far better to properly understand how to use a product than to go crazy searching for that miracle shine product(I don`t think it exists).

Once I`ve experimented and have a better understanding of different products more specific uses then I may buy more!! Practice makes perfect as is so often the case with just about everything in life.

I agree