PDA

View Full Version : HELP getting ready for winter

Sidney Trainer
10-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Ok I need to make my car ready for the winter, its a 1998 blue Explorer with heavy swirling, and I have owned it for 2 months so I dont know what has been done to it detail wise i need the following advice:

Which clay bar to use

Which polishes to use .... i was thinking about menzerna etc. I do have meguiars scratch X

Which sealant to use, and which topper to use... if someone can help me with this it would be much appreciated....

THANX:up

Accumulator
10-31-2003, 10:17 AM
eduhilera- Not sure what products you have available there. I like the Autopia Block/Glide clay. For swirls, I think you`re gonna need something stronger than the ScratchX, maybe DACP or at least 3M PI-III MG (pn 05937). For sealants, you can`t go wrong with AIO/SG with or without a wax topper, or maybe Meg`s #20. for durablility I top with Collinite, for looks I use Souveran or P21S, for something in between I use Meg`s #16.

2wheelsx2
10-31-2003, 01:41 PM
I second what most of Accumulator said.

I would do:

1) Clay Magic or Mother`s for clay that you can get locally (although I have seen the Autopia and it`s really nice...might get one myself).

2) DACP definitely for heavy swirls

3) AIO/SG, AIO/UPP, or #20 by itself. I personally think the AIO/SG is the most durable, but it`s probably the most work of the 3.