PDA

View Full Version : Can you apply DACP by hand?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
10-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Can you apply DACP by hand?

Are there other products equivalent to DACP that you can apply by hand?

Deanski
10-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Oh yes you can! Have you seen Scottwax posts? Majority... HAND!

Just about anything, just use a 100% USA terry towel which has enough "bite" due to the fibers and texture and you`re good to go and polish anything.

Regards,

Deanski

C. Charles Hahn
10-30-2003, 09:27 PM
sure you can, just be ready for your arm to fall off (unless you`re scottwax of course!) :p

seriously, you have to work DACP down really far to get it to do its most effective work; by hand this takes forever! I`ve had to do it in a few spots where the polisher wouldn`t reach, and I can definitely say it wasn`t a pleasant experience.

Honestly, when you`re working with a polish getting into DACP`s abrasive range, I wouldn`t want to do any massive areas without a polisher.

Jngrbrdman
10-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Swirl removal is not a "by hand" kind of job. You are cutting down the clear with abrasives and that is just a job best left for a machine. Sure you can do it by hand, but its going to take you 10 times longer and will be 100 times more work. If you are used to doing that way like some detailers are then you can get some good results. Its not something that you can just buy a bottle of DACP for the first time and use successfuly by hand. There really isn`t an effective swirl remover that is easy to do by hand out there. They all recommend a machine for any real results.

Scottwax
10-30-2003, 10:53 PM
You can work DACP by hand if you are willing to work it long enough to break it down (you can tell because the excess wipes off with no effort) and with enough speed to make the applicator or towel very warm (or hot) to the touch.

imported_NHBFAN
10-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

You can work DACP by hand if you are willing to work it long enough to break it down (you can tell because the excess wipes off with no effort) and with enough speed to make the applicator or towel very warm (or hot) to the touch.

Is there a comparable product more suited to hand application?

Scottwax
10-30-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Is there a comparable product more suited to hand application?

No. With any true abrasive product, the average person is much better off using a machine.

imported_NHBFAN
12-07-2003, 06:06 PM
I`ve been eating my wheaties. Ready to try DACP by hand.

Is it more effective to use back and forth or circular motions when "breaking down" DACP by hand?

Scottwax
12-07-2003, 06:32 PM

I`ve been eating my wheaties. Ready to try DACP by hand.

Is it more effective to use back and forth or circular motions when "breaking down" DACP by hand?

I start off in a circular pattern to spread the product out then switch to back and forth as the wind would flow over the car. Be prepared to work your butt off.

imported_NHBFAN
12-07-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I start off in a circular pattern to spread the product out then switch to back and forth as the wind would flow over the car. Be prepared to work your butt off.

Thanks Scottwax,

I won`t have to pay for gym membership fees. I`ll just DACP all of my friends "beater" by hand.

imported_rusty bumper
12-07-2003, 11:11 PM

Thanks Scottwax,

I won`t have to pay for gym membership fees. I`ll just DACP all of my friends "beater" by hand.

More power to you!

C-MDX
12-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Isn`t 1z Metallic Polish the best hand polish :nixweiss????

imported_Larry A
12-08-2003, 10:46 AM
1z polish in the green can took out most of the scratches on my car by hand, follow with a glaze and then wax . The glaze I used is Mothers Sealer and Glaze , the wax was S100. It dont get any better.

93LSCOUPE
12-08-2003, 11:36 AM
It`s funny how I haven`t even used the DACP Deanski sent me for my car, yet I`ve used it to get out a scratch on my sister`s canon digital camera! Took a couple of passes, but worked like a charm.

Is there anything DACP can`t do? LOL

Thanks dean.

GoodnClean
12-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Where has Deanski been, anyone heard from him?