PDA

View Full Version : I enjoy a good challenge, BUT!!!!

imported_Brett K
10-30-2003, 02:57 PM
This is ridiculous.

I am detailing a vehicle for a friends brother. It was described as a former company vehicle...a 97 Ford Ranger extended cab with 200k miles.

When it showed up, I almost cried. The vehicle was used by a local highway equipment company and spent most of it`s life working in the coal region here in PA traveling on coal and silt covered roads. This was evident by the 1/4 to 1/2 inch of black dirt and grease across the front of the carpeting. The seats were several shades darker than they should have been too.

The paint is faded everywhere. The clearcoat is severely damaged from where the company signs were on the door. The front has more spots without paint than with paint from chips. The aluminum wheels look like they have never been cleaned.

Well, in some sick and twisted way, I am really motivated to test my skills on this beast. The interior has taken me two evenings (5 hours total). It took my 30 minutes to clean out the wheel wells and the next hour to rinse the black water out of the driveway. Tonight, I tackle the paint.

Wish me luck! Unfortunately, I loaned out my camera and I``m not sure if I`ll get to take pics.

Preachers Sheets
10-30-2003, 03:29 PM
If the clear is faded, chipped paint and coal residue in the rug then your in for quite a ride.

Have fun ;-)

BK1
10-30-2003, 04:28 PM
I seriously hope you`re getting paid for this....Good Luck with it.