PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys QD+ questions

MattZ28
09-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Is this product hard to use at all? I`ve been reading that people spray it on a MF and apply/remove like a wax. I want a QD spray that will refresh my carnauba wax layer, but if I have to apply and remove it like that, I`d rather just re-wax the car. If you spray it on, will it dry up and get wax residue all over?

Boss_429
09-06-2004, 11:38 AM
You can`t just spray QD+ on and walk away. It will haze up, and needs to be removed. However, you can apply it with an MF towel, flip the towel over, and buff it right off............. similar to a reqular QD.

MattZ28
09-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Well I don`t mean just spraying it on and walking away....can you spray it on and buff it off like a normal QD, or do I have to actually apply it to the car?

Boss_429
09-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by MattZ28
Well I don`t mean just spraying it on and walking away....can you spray it on and buff it off like a normal QD, or do I have to actually apply it to the car?

It works best if you spread it around a bit, and flip the towel and buff off. Spreading it around insures better coverage, and gives it a few seconds to haze up.

I`m not a big fan of any "quick wax" product.......... likeQD+. However, it is quicker than applying a regular coat of wax if you don`t have the time for a regular wax.