PDA

View Full Version : P21s and the Klasse twins

Pages : [1] 2

ohms69
10-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Hi,

I`m about to embark on my first serious detail job and have, unsurprising...A few questions.

I plan to clay the car and then use P21s Cleanser, followed by the klasse twins, and then a coat of p21 carnuba.

Is this a good hand application combination and hoe effective is it likely to be on 13 year old white paintwork. The condition of the paintwork is superb, as the car has only covered 11000 miles, always garaged and rarely used in anything but fine weather.

The paintwork has probably only ever been waxed a few times...Now I plan to change that!

Your thoughts and opinions would be greatfully appreciated. :xyxthumbs

imported_Tony
10-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Why do you want to use two cleaners AIO is a cleaner and P21s cleanser cleans.

I recommend you wash,clay, AIO, SG

good luck and welcome

2wheelsx2
10-29-2003, 03:04 PM
I second what rightlane has said. Unless the paint needs abrasives, AIO should be sufficient to clean the paint really well.

ohms69
10-29-2003, 04:18 PM
I`m going to use the P21 line instead of the Klasse products in that case(more readily available here anyways).

Cool

2wheelsx2
10-29-2003, 04:40 PM
You have to remember to wax often then...like once a month, if the car is a daily driver and is parked outside mainly. P21S is not going to have the durability of Klasse.

ohms69
10-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Not a daily driver, covers about 500 miles a year in fine weather only...Just searching for the brightest most reflective finish, from what I`ve read on the boards this combination should yield pleasing results.

2wheelsx2
10-29-2003, 06:38 PM
500 miles a year ==> garage queen. I would even try some Soveran on it. You`re not worried too much about durability with that kind of mileage. PPCL and Soveran or P21S cleanser and wax should both give you amazing results then.

ohms69
10-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Could working a little Autoglym into the mix add extra depth?

P21s cleanser > Autoglym SRP > Autoglym EGP (layered) > P21s wax.

Or forget the P21 cleanser and try a swirl remover + glaze?

Just want the best prepped surface possible to seal and shine!

chris0626
10-29-2003, 08:46 PM
I hope you`ll get more replies on your question, for I am not an expert on paint cleaning/polishing. But it`s my sense that P21S cleanser and AIO are redundant; in fact, that AIO may be more effective than the P21S cleanser.

Hey, guys, other comments??

What car(s) do you have? (I`m intrigued by your 13-yr-old car, since I too am working with cars 10- to 33-yrs-old.) You can create a list of them by going to your User CP and creating a signature. ... Just be sure to keep the sig line at/under 3 lines, or the Sig Sheriff [that`s me!] will have to haul you into the pokey. :D

imported_Larry A
10-29-2003, 09:06 PM
You can skip the p21s cleanser if you are using AIO . After the clay use the AIO then put on 2 coats of SG one day apart, wait another day so the SG can cure and them put on a coat of P21 wax. Since your car is white you may not need the P21s wax, the Klasse twins should be enough for a light colored car. The P21s wax is more for added depth on a dark colored car.

stevet
10-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Why is two different threads going on this topic by ohms69:nixweiss

2wheelsx2
10-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by ohms69

Or forget the P21 cleanser and try a swirl remover + glaze?

Just want the best prepped surface possible to seal and shine!

I would forget the swirl remover if there are no swirls. P21S to clean the paint, and then definitely a glaze to add wetness/depth. Mother`s, Meguiar`s hand polish, etc., and then the P21S should do wonders.

LouisanaJeeper
10-30-2003, 03:02 AM
*AIO, SG x2, P212 wax (good refleciveness, good depth, long lasting, pretty slick)

or you could go the zaino route (highly reflective, medium depth, long lasting, really slick)

*some sort of a cleaner/polish, dawn wash, Z2 x 3, P212 wax

or all traditional products (no sealants) (med. reflectiveness, excellent depth, richness of color, not as long lasting, not as slick)

*Mother`s Pre- wax cleaner or P21 cleaner, Meg`s show car glaze or 3M imperial hand glaze, P21s wax

Lowejackson
10-30-2003, 05:36 AM
What is the condition of the paint? If it has swirls then these need to be taken care with a polish, if the paint is in very good conditions then you are free to chose between the wax route or the use of a sealant - either route is valid.

Listing of UK retailers http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29410

ohms69
10-30-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi,

It`s a little euro hot hatch commonly known as the Renault 5 GT Turbo...An awful lot of performance and consequent fun!

This is the type of car that tends to get into the hands of what we brits term as boy racers. Most have been thrashed...This one has not, it`s something of a rarity in such original unmolested condition.

As you can probably now see(finally worked out how to update profile information) I`m from the UK which means I have pretty limited access to products. 3m are readily available as is P21s and of course (old faithful) Autoglym!

I would really like to utilise what`s available right here in the UK before taking the plunge with importing various other goodies from the other side of the pond.

I see what some of you guys have been achieving with various combinations and have been well and truly blown away!

But...I realise there`s more to it than just the products, so I am here to learn...And boy, what a resource!

I generally seem to get good results with Autoglym, but have yet to be blown away, I plan to clay which should yield a better finish anyways...I am just not sure what`s possible with white paint!

I basically want to blow my doting girlfirend away because she`s done nothing but mock me for spending countless hours reading about polishing that `silly little car`(her words not mine).

The challenge has been set!

Thanks again