PDA

View Full Version : I am a n00b..and I need help..

ariesu4urlife
10-29-2003, 09:10 AM
Hi!

I`ve been stuck on reading this site for the past few days. Dont think I`ll get done reading it. Props to the people who came up with this idea. :)

I have a Nighthawk Black Pearl 5th gen Prelude. I clean my car using Meguairs wash, then use scratch-X , then apply Meguairs Gold Class wax and then a coat of Meguairs polish and then another layer of wax. But I am not satisfied with the depth of the shine. Especially after seeing some cars here.. :D

I was going through the forum and I saw repeated mention of S100 a Harley Davidson wax (?) (It comes in an aerosol can?) Do I just replace my Meguairs gold Class wax with this when I do my cleaning the next time? Please help me out with advice/tips/directions on how to get the best shine. This is going to be the last "bigtime cleaning" before winter.

Thanks!

P.S. I went through the topics and the more I read, the more I got confused... so hence the post.

ariesu4urlife
10-29-2003, 11:34 AM
so what wax is "tough"? I have no idea..

wash/dry/claybar/scratch-x/polish/wax <-- is this the order I do it?

oh!btw.. sorry, I just read the forum rules and did my first mistake of topic title..

imported_Tony
10-29-2003, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlackRegal

[B].

If you really want to improve your shine, replacing Gold Class with S100 isn`t going to do it for you... you need to invest more in your prep work than your final topping.

absolutely!

first wash

then clay

then polish

then pure polish or glaze

then wax.

it is not easy so make it fun !

Welcome and good luck

Accumulator
10-29-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ariesu4urlife

so what wax is "tough"? I have no idea..

Both Meguiar`s #16 and Collinite (any of their paste waxes) are long-lasting. The Meg`s looks a bit better, but the Collinite lasts longer (and beads like you can`t imagine). Those are about as close to "last all winter" waxes as you can get without going to a synthetic/sealant.

wash/dry/claybar/scratch-x/polish/wax <-- is this the order I do it?

That should work fine, although you can clay while washing and maybe save some time (that`s how *I* do it).

Instead of the Scratch-X followed by a polish, I`d just use something like 3M PI-III MG (pn 05937), then wax.