PDA

View Full Version : Applying polish (s100 brand)

imported_brerpie
10-28-2003, 01:57 PM
When applying polish by hand, is the correct procedure to wipe it in a front to back motion until all the applied polish disappears from the section one is working with? I`ve been applying it in a front to back motion for a very short while and then letting it haze before wiping off with MF. I have a feeling this is not the professional method.

Also, do you only go from front to back in the direction wind goes... or do you go front back and then interchange to up down and finally at a diagonal?

BTW: I am using s100 gloss enhancing paint cleanser

What is the professional method of application?

Thanks for your help and support.

Jesstzn
10-28-2003, 02:14 PM
I do the front /back on the hood/roof/trunk and fenders/doors to the belt line then up and down.. As far as wiping till its gone or hazing .. I think its best to do as the directions say .. all waxes are different .. RTFM.

imported_kgb
10-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Yes, read the directions. If their directions are the same as P21S, which they should be, then you wipe it on, and wipe it off BEFORE it hazes. Don`t allow it to haze it says. I use a back and forth motion.

imported_brerpie
10-28-2003, 05:28 PM
The instructions don`t really specify too much. I`m just wanting to learn more about the *proper* technique as posted above.

imported_brerpie
10-29-2003, 06:59 AM
Any input? :bow

phoenix808
10-29-2003, 11:29 AM
i`ll bump this. i wonder the same thing too. i just used s100 for the first time the other day and there are no real directions on it. i did what these forums say in terms of pretty much wiping on a section, and wiping off... but in terms of direction/how much wiping back and forth with the applicator, im curious...so bump!

Jesstzn
10-29-2003, 11:41 AM
Just to clarify ...

BTW: I am using s100 gloss enhancing paint cleanser

Your not using the wax but using the cleanser..???

imported_brerpie
10-29-2003, 01:04 PM
I use both.