PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with S100

Pages : [1] 2

TPG013
10-28-2003, 09:51 AM
I use S100 on my black 4Runner. I love the shine and wet look I get when I combine it with VM. My beef is that it does not last that long. I put it on my truck on Saturday and it rained all day Sunday and Monday. When I looked this morning, no more tight beading. At best, there are very loose beads and even some sheeting. Is there another product out there with similar shine but better protection?

fidelfs
10-28-2003, 10:04 AM
I asked the same question and it looks like the beading isn`t an indication of wax amount in the paint.

Look to this thread (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28882&highlight=water+bead)

:xyxthumbs

raymond_ho2002
10-28-2003, 11:01 AM
I`ve used s100 on several different cars and there is a dramatic difference between all of them in the time it takes for them to stop beading. I never knew what caused it.

stevet
10-28-2003, 02:22 PM
I have 15 coats of Klasse SG on my silver car. Yesterday I decided to top the rear spoiler with S100 to see what it looked like. I didn`t see any differece at all in shine, depth, or wetness. It rained last night and the beading looked no different than the sections with just SG on them. I don`t see any point in toping the rest of the car.

I will keep on eye on the rear spoiler and see how the S100 holds up over time.

C. Charles Hahn
10-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by raymond_ho2002

I`ve used s100 on several different cars and there is a dramatic difference between all of them in the time it takes for them to stop beading. I never knew what caused it.

I concurr. I think it depends on the type of paint on the car as to how it reacts to any given product.

DetailQueen
10-28-2003, 03:20 PM
I have had good luck with it, but I think the pinnacle souveran seems to be more durable...especially in the Florida weather

vmunoz
10-28-2003, 03:34 PM
I`ve used the S100 wax and I really wasn`t dissapointed in it. I just felt as though other waxes gave my car (black `99 Camry) a much more better look. IMHO, TOL Trade Secret, Blitz and Clearkote carnuba all had more of a wet look and depth in my paint and also better durability.

But when I put s100 on my cousin`s silver `01 Maxima after polishing, it looked great. I even gave him the jar to keep it that way. Still want to try Vanilla Moose though. :wavey

V...

andriver
10-28-2003, 04:58 PM
I topped S100 over Blackfire on my wife`s mustang 3 weeks ago. It rained here last Sunday and the wax had tight beads. I plan on applying S100 at least once a month until I detail the car...Andrew

Beason
10-28-2003, 06:53 PM
I suggest either #20 polymer sealant from meguiars and top that with S100 because S100 has poor durability. Also I recently switched from S100 to Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. Better durabilty, same shine and incressed slickness of the feel of the paint.

fidelfs
10-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Try Final Polish is a polymer and it will help S100 to last longer.

:xyxthumbs

rstype
10-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by tpg13

I use S100 on my black 4Runner. I love the shine and wet look I get when I combine it with VM. My beef is that it does not last that long. I put it on my truck on Saturday and it rained all day Sunday and Monday. When I looked this morning, no more tight beading. At best, there are very loose beads and even some sheeting. Is there another product out there with similar shine but better protection?

When you say you "combine it," do you use S100 before or after the VM?

Scottwax
10-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by tpg13

Try washing your 4Runner. Sometimes when it rains you get so much slime and other crap from the roads all over your car your paint won`t bead very well, but when you wash it, the next time it rains, the beading is restored.

TPG013
10-29-2003, 09:36 AM
I use the VM then the S100.

While I agree about washing will sometimes restore the beading, the truck was detailed on Saturday and never left the driveway. It has rained steadily since. No chance of getting road slime on it. This morning it looked as though I never waxed it at all. I had water clingin to the hood.

For depth and shine S100 is great, for durability, I don`t think it stands up at all.

I guess I`ll have to try different brands until I get something I like.

imported_Larry A
10-29-2003, 10:06 AM
After you wash the car follow with a Q.D. that will restore the beading. If you use a Q.D. after every wash the beading will last a very long time. Its like waxing the wax.

CharlesW
10-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Tpg13:

Whatever is happening to your vehicle is quite strange. It is hard to imagine any product that only lasts 3 days just setting in the driveway. Something doesn`t sound right at all. My vehicles get waxed about every 30 days and the one with S100 on it will still be beading at that time.

Charles