PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Lackfinish is a great QD!

imported_jgv
10-26-2003, 07:52 AM
As for Mike@1Z sugestion in another thread, today i tried Lackfinish as a QD, and I have to say it works great, it really justifies the qding after cleaning the car. Works great under shade or sunlight, no streak, very slick and a just waxed look :xyxthumbs

It`s the best QD I`ve tried till now, really recomend it :bow

imported_Greg
10-26-2003, 08:14 AM
Just out of curiousity, have you tried Final Detail? I`m sure you have as you have every product known to man, but how does it compare to FD or QS?

imported_jgv
10-26-2003, 02:35 PM
I don`t have FD as it`s not sold here and must be ordered in gallon sizes, so you can imagine the shipping costs for that :scared I do have QS, and as others I like it.

What I have to say about this 1Z product is that this is the first product that justified QDing all the vehicle. Usually I just do it to remove any mark of products I couldn`t see.

My opinion worths what it worths. Please try it, you wont regret it.

imported_Greg
10-27-2003, 12:04 PM
I`m not sure we get it here in the US?

imported_nowaterno
10-27-2003, 12:56 PM
can`t get this or the raindance shampoo in the US that I can find. Maybe a conflict of trademark? There is a Raindance made by another mfr.

imported_jgv
10-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Yes you can get it, actually it was Mike from 1Z USA who told me to use it as QD. What a great tip!

Contact him:

michael@1z-usa.com

imported_nowaterno
10-27-2003, 01:22 PM
I`d like to get it, but so far the only place that I`ve seen it listed is at Crush Motorsports in Canada. I`ve got a call in to them to see what the availability is for us in the States. I`ll drop Mike an e-mail and see if he can recommend anyone else closer to home.

Mike @ einszett
10-27-2003, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks JGV and other members for directing me to this post. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Is Raindance Lackfinish available in the US and if so, where?

Lackfinish is not currently available in the US but will be. We have to change the name (The name "Raindance" is already trademarked here in the US by a car care company of the same name) and make English labels for it like we`ve been doing with the other products here. Realistic time frame we are aiming for is March `04. I know this may sound like some time away but it takes time to prepare labels and another month or so to ship it here.

2. Is Raindance Shampoo available in the US?

It is but under the name Perls Shampoo--again, Raindance is already trademarked here. It has just been released so you should see it available soon. We would love to hear your feedback on this product.

I have been using these two products together for the past few months and have been very pleased. They both got quite a workout this past few days. As some of you may know, we have been having horrendous fires here in Southern California. The nearest fire is about 20-30 miles from my house and the Einszett office. However, ash has been coming down like snow for about a 50 mile radius. Removing the ash and dust off the paintwork was extremely easy since it makes the surface very slick. I still haven`t hosed it off since ash still continues to come down but I imagine it will come off easier than usual.

If you have further questions, you can email us at info@1z-usa.com.

Have a good week and many regards,

Turbonator
10-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Michael, am i the only one carrying the perls rightnow? i`ve been using it as you know and i told you, i may never have to wax my truck again. looking forward to the lackfinish(or whatever it`ll be called) coming out in the spring. with the perls shampoo and some QD to touch up any spots i get all kinds of compliments on my truck. i haven`t slapped a coat of glanz on it since July 4th, and only touched up with some metallic polish sometime last month. other than that i`ve been using the perls on my truck and sampling it on customer`s cars. i like it!

Mike @ einszett
10-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Yes sir. I believe you are :) And unfortunately, you`ll still need to apply a wax. :D All smiley`s aside, some have asked if you can skip on the wax if you use Perls or the soon to be released/renamed Lackfinish. The answer is definitely `no`. It`s a fantastic compliment as far as protection. IMHO, even if it lacked the polymer protection, the gloss is welll worth it!

Regards,