PDA

View Full Version : Winter Coat w/pic

maxshine
10-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Winter Coat:

SSR1 - worked about like 3M SMR but came off a little easier.

AIO - same as always

SG X 3 - I put one coat on waiting 6 hours to buff off, the 2nd and 3rd I used the wipe-wipe off(SG 2.0) - 24 hours between. I`ve put on about a dozen or more coats (over last couple of years) and still have some trouble removing. This time I seemed to have a couple of slight streaks on my hood that in the past go away after a few washings - I don`t know why. I needed just over one oz. for the three coats.

UPP X 2 - After battling the SG this was a joy to remove. I waited an hour before removing each coat. This was my first use with the latest version of UPP.

maxshine
10-25-2003, 05:27 PM
One more...

andriver
10-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Nice work Maxshine :up .

imported_Greg
10-25-2003, 08:36 PM
I`ve now used Klasse and PUPP and have found that the SG is a joy to come off, while the PUPP streaks, smears, and is a real pain to get off. Looks great though!!

imported_Todd
10-25-2003, 09:30 PM
As a fellow Maxima owner, you probably already know about the horrible paint chipping issue that Nissan has with the 5th generation Maximas.

I like the hood deflector idea, but I would highly recommend a clear bra (i.e. Xpel, Stonguard, Invincishield) for the front bumper. I installed the paint protection film on my 2003 Maxima before it even had 100 miles.

Dean

maxshine
10-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Greg,

I`m shocked to here you have issues w/UPP - your`s are the first negative comments I`ve read as far removal goes. Apply thinly just a with SG, allow to dry 30-60 minutes and remove. Is this the procedure you followed ? I`ve been using SG for 2+ years now and still have some issues but the UPP was like wiping off P21S - in my experience.

The SG after 3 coats left a candy-coated look and the UPP added a nice shine and more slickness. I may skip SG now just to avoid the hassle.

maxshine
10-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Dean,

I bought the clear bug deflector and had the inside painted the car`s color - it blends in well. As far as an Xpel type product I didn`t want to install something permanent.

Yes, Nisssan paint sucks ! Unfortunately Nissan builds some nice vehicles but does not stand behind them very well. I had three chips inside one month. My father`s Caddy has been across country and more and has maybe two chips.

GoodnClean
10-26-2003, 01:25 AM
Actually the xpel can be easily removed...

Looks great man!