PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle VS Zaino

Pages : [1] 2

dlw
10-25-2003, 05:15 PM
For a couple of years I`ve wanted to try Pinnacle Souveran carnuba to compare it to Zaino polish (have been using Z for about 4 years or so). I finally broke down and spent $60.00 for the Pinnacle. I waxed my `92 dark red metallic Vette, my Milano Red `99 CRV and my son`s black `93 Prelude using Pinnacle and buffed each car with my newly aquired DF towels. Then I polished my daughter`s silver `98 CRV with Zaino Z2. Anyone want to buy some Pinnacle? The wax was great to apply and remove, but I just did not get the sheen and slickness that I`ve always enjoyed with Zaino on any of the cars I waxed. I might concede that the black Prelude might look a bit "wetter", but nowhere near what I had hoped for. I`m not saying that Pinnacle isn`t a nice product, just observing that I`ve tried lots of other products (got a garage full of misc brands), I just keep going back to Zaino I have orded Vanilla Moose and Moose wax to give them a whirl, as I`ve heard a lot of good about the VM especially.

JustinR32
10-25-2003, 05:37 PM
That`s why there`s chocolate and vanilla; not everything suits everyone! Who`s the guy who says, "Find something you like and use it often"? Also, Zaino really rewards the shape & color of the `Vette (the metalflake). There`s a synergy there that another product would be VERY hard pressed to beat.

NBS beat me to it, but I already have 2 cans of Souv anyhow.

Tom

imported_BilltheCat
10-25-2003, 06:33 PM
The pinnacle or moose will look good over top of the Zaino.

If you dont think so let me know about the moose stuff. I`ll take it off ya after you try it for a slightly used deal!

I use Zaino as my sealant base. Right now I use P21s over the top of it. Got a pic around here somewheres...

imported_BilltheCat
10-25-2003, 06:35 PM
ah, here it is. This is a couple coats only of Z5 over 1 coat of z1/z2.

Then 2 coats of P21s Carnauba and Meguire`s FD spray.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28466

imported_Greg
10-25-2003, 08:33 PM
I`m not questioning your opinion, but what kind of prep work did you do for the cars? I really believe that without a properly prepepd surface, a wax is just wax.

imported_NHBFAN
10-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Greg,

You took the words right out of my mouth. To compare Pinnacle vs Zaino, you`d have to use the whole Pinnacle system.

It`s all in the prep.

BradE
10-25-2003, 10:41 PM
Given the fact this is Dan ( a guy who took a car down to bare metal in his garage and repainted it) I don`t think prep work, or lack there of, really applies here. ;)

Scottwax
10-26-2003, 01:11 AM
On silver, I`m not suprised you didn`t see much difference, but I`d have thought on black it would have been more noticable. I was really pleased with Souveran, but since both S100 and Carnauba Moose are so much cheaper and pretty close in appearance, I just can`t justify the extra cost of Souveran.

imported_Greg
10-26-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Given the fact this is Dan ( a guy who took a car down to bare metal in his garage and repainted it) I don`t think prep work, or lack there of, really applies here. ;)

I am once again humbled and should retract my previous statements. Very good point SRL.

TortoiseAWD
10-26-2003, 09:50 AM
Dan,

If it`s not too late to cancel your order on the Moose products, I have some VM and MW that I`d be happy to let you try (I`m local to you).

Tort

MBZ 500E
10-26-2003, 10:45 AM
Dan,

I`d take the Souveran off your hands as well. I`ve heard good things about it from many many people (including the competition) and was thinking it would be a great topper on all the other polymer products out there. Let me know, you can PM me what you`d like for the remainder of it. Besides, if it doesn`t work well I can always use it as an air freshener for the garage.:D :o

dlw
10-26-2003, 11:54 AM
I`ve decided to play with the Pinnacle some more. Put another coat on the Vette this morning after some Crystal Mist. I will admit the Souveran looked great under the lights last night while out cruisin`. Again, I didn`t mean to offend anyone with my opinion, the P is very nice but I still favor the Z for bang for the buck. Just as an aside, as far as prep work, I`m retired and have lots of time to do it right, and anyone who knows me thinks I`m even a bit fanatical about prepping anyway! I`ve wet sanded several complete cars to remove the OP and could probably detail several hundred cars with all the stuff in my garage that I`ve worked with (no brag, actually a little embarrassed by all the junk I`ve spent money on). I love to do it by the book and one of my great joys in life is having people stare at one on my cars and wonder if I use Arnold`s $100,000 a year detailer. Nope, prep isn`t a problem for me. Just love shinin` em up!

dlw
10-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the offers, especially yours, TortoiseAWD. The VM should be here Monday or so. I`m really itchin to try it out. BTW, I`m really loving the DF towels for wax/polish removal and QD, but they sure seem to snag easily and I`ve had to cut off quite a few threads already. I really try to be careful, but it just seems to happen easily. Anyone else having this concern with the DF towels?

imported_Greg
10-26-2003, 12:13 PM
I`ve got the CBT and it does snag very easily. I guess that`s the nature of the beast.

imported_memnuts
10-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Initially I did. I mentioned this in my review back in ? Feb. As the DF matures ( usage and washing) the snagging tendency seems to great decrease. The other possibilty is that with increased usage one tends to develop a method that avoids snagging features of the vehicle(s). :nixweiss

The medium size towel is also a great car wash towel. Try it.