PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic QD - use with Klasse/P21S?

randy98mtu
10-25-2003, 02:47 PM
So I got my Klasse, P21S and MF`s, but now it`s a lousy, rainy weekend so I`m just trying to read and learn more. I`ve seen lots of discussion about ingredients in different QD`s and what should and shouldn`t be used with Klasse/P21S. I just bought a bottle of Black Magic Wet Shine before I found this site. I`d hate to let it go to waste, but I`d hate more to use it if it`s going to interfere with the effectiveness of either the Klasse or P21S I just bought. I`ve tried several searches and found a topic from last spring where someone seemed to really like Wet Shine. But nothing specifically about what`s in it and if it`s safe for use with these other products. Thanks for any help!

Dinzdale40
10-25-2003, 02:54 PM
I would say you are fine because you are already using P21S. P21S is a canauba wax and to apply more Klasse you would have to remove the Klasse and P21S too. So if you already topped it with P21S, then you shouldn`t have to worry about which QD to use. The problem with silicones and waxes in QDers comes in play when using QD in a bodyshop or using it between layers of Sealants.

randy98mtu
10-25-2003, 02:56 PM
I haven`t applied the Klasse or P21S. The only thing I`ve put on the car since I bought it is Zymol combo cleaner/wax. No real sealers or glazes.

Dinzdale40
10-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Well then if you plan on using Klasse, then I would suggest using a QD with no waxes or silicones(EagleOne wipe and shine is local or Final Inspection which is a bit harder to find) while applying it(in between layers of SG). If you plan to top with P21S, then after you are completely done with the Klasse you can use a QD with waxes and silicones.

randy98mtu
10-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Cool. That`s what I was looking for. Is there a place to find out what is actually in each product? The bottles sure don`t tell you anything!

Dinzdale40
10-25-2003, 11:33 PM
just experience from other Autopians, or you can call the manufacturers and ask someone if it is bodyshop safe. I`ve heard the Meguiars help line isn`t all that great, the people answering the phones don`t have the info. Mike Phillips is here though and if you PM him, he`ll prolly tell you about any Megiuars products.