PDA

View Full Version : The Dreaded APARTMENT!

Pages : [1] 2

Glowin97x
10-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Well guys and gals , recently I have moved into an apartment. So heres my question, whats the best way to keep my car clean in an apartment, where its impossible to wash it! Currently I drive back up to L.A. (i go to school in san diego) about every couple of weeks, and i wash it while Im home. I want it to look good ALL the time though. Any suggestions?

p.s. at least apartment parking is 10,000 times better than the worst thing anyone could ever do to a car DORM PARKING!:shocked :shocked :shocked

gocona
10-25-2003, 01:30 PM
a good car cover can do wonders... even in dorm parking:xyxthumbs that is what i use. Other than that, just wash it when you can.

Taxlady
10-25-2003, 01:44 PM
I`ve heard good things about QEW. You use it to wash your car with much less water and no hose. Here`s the results from a search on QEW: http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=170849&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Other people might chime in with other suggestions or their experiences with QEW or other products.

chris0626
10-25-2003, 02:08 PM
I`ve been feeling that frequent car-washings are doing too much to encourage rust in my 70s Jags. So I`ve been using Poorboys Spray & Wipe for in-between "washings"and am very happy with it. One caution, though: Be sure you`re using a non-abrasive (high-quality) MF, or you could be introducing more swirls.

GoodnClean
10-25-2003, 02:31 PM
S&W is a great product. I use it in between washings and I use it before I dry after I`ve run the car through a touchless high pressure wash. However, I wouldnt be at all confident to replace washing the car regularly with using S&W. Especially on a daily driver and one that sits outside 24/7. QEW sure, but not S&W. My thinking is that S&W would be good for you as maybe a bi-daily touchup. Seeing that sitting out in the parking lot might mean more on the finish than a QD could handle, but not worth a wash. Then QEW for your weekly (or whatever) wash job.

chris0626
10-25-2003, 02:40 PM
Agreed, GoodnClean. That`s how I`m using it. For me (with daily drivers and no garage) when I`m working to get layers of Zaino or Klasse added, sometimes the daily drive gets the car dirtier than I feel a QD can handle but I just don`t want to do a full wash; those are the times when I whip out the S&W. I also use it when I make a long-distance drive to a car show and just want to remove some road dirt without having to go thru the full process (and time) for a full wash and dry; in those cases, I rely on S&W then QD to bring back my shine.

GoodnClean
10-25-2003, 02:47 PM
As a matter of fact, thats what I always do now. Unless the car is freshly cleaned or just driven around the block or something, I S&W before I QD. Since its a dark color, ond it marrs so easily, I dont take any chances lol.

madazskunk
10-25-2003, 11:17 PM
QEW!!! QEW!!! QEW!! also,

Find out where to park. There certain places in almost all apartment complexes where the sprinklers go awry. At my last apt. this was absolutely murder on me since parking was limited.

Scottwax
10-26-2003, 12:49 AM
QEW. Been using it more than 10 years. Only takes a gallon of water and you can usually have the average sized car washed and dried in 30 minutes or less, including wheels and door jams.

medic
10-26-2003, 12:58 AM
There should be a coin-op DIY place around. That`s what I used to clean the car when my apartment complex didn`t have a wash bay.

Btw, Scottwax...good quote, Unforgettable is a great movie

Scottwax
10-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by medic

Btw, Scottwax...good quote, Unforgettable is a great movie

True, except you `forgot` the name of the movie is "Unforgiven"! :lol

"Deserves got nothin` to do with it."

butchdave
10-26-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Glowin97x

whats the best way to keep my car clean in an apartment, where its impossible to wash it!

I agree you should avoid washing it - makes a right mess of the carpet :)

GoodnClean
10-26-2003, 01:25 PM
LOL! :xyxthumbs

madazskunk
10-27-2003, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by medic

[B]There should be a coin-op DIY place around. That`s what I used to clean the car when my apartment complex didn`t have a wash bay.

Becareful about those do iy yourself places. i used to go there before I got QEW and used to see some pretty bad stuff going on there. Once I saw a guy clean out his truck bed full of broken beer bottles and wood and other junk with the brush you wash with. I wanted to put a sign up on that brush telling people not to use it. But you can still go there if you bucket wash like I used too. you have to pay twice but it is better to safe than sorry. By the way don`t bucket wash during the busy times(weekend days) because people/owners don`t care for this too much. But again you can avoid all this with QEW.

madazskunk
10-27-2003, 12:47 AM
Can someone please tell me how to get the quotes in bold like in some of the previous replys. Do I have to retype the whole quote or what? Thanks