PDA

View Full Version : Cement on paint

Blowfish
10-25-2003, 07:55 AM
I have a big drop of cement on my paint. Its been there a couple of weeks now. How can I get it off without wrecking my paint ?Its on the drivers door. Thanks guys

imported_f150smith
10-25-2003, 08:26 AM
Soak a sponge or other soft pad with Distilled White Vinager, then hold the wet sponge over the spot for several minutes till the cement starts to soften up. You may have to repeat this several times. Use a strong stream of water as well after soaking to help blast it off. You will of course have to reapply what ever wax or sealant you have on to that spot. I`ve use this method several times around the bed of my truck and it works great. Seem that someone else suggested using diesel fuel in a similar fashion to remove cement.

Blowfish
10-25-2003, 08:37 AM
Vinegar it is!! Thanks a million !!

Patrick
10-25-2003, 11:43 PM
I had suggested diesel back in another thread...I have never used it on a car, but I have used on tools to soften old cement for removal....

Blowfish
10-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Well F150smith saved the day. The vinegar took several applications but worked very well with a little fingernail, Im all better.I had considered diesel or another light penetrating oil to loosen it. The vinegar worked wonders :bow thanks again