PDA

View Full Version : I tried Poorboy`s EX today

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
10-24-2003, 08:25 PM
:up So far, I like it a lot!

jgv noticed I had mentioned my desire to give it a try in another thread and he sent me a bottle all the way across the Atlantic in record time...a week or so.

Anyway, I tried it this morning on a black Mercury Marauder that is a very well maintained car. EX goes on very easily, just as easily as Carnauba Moose does. I would do about 1/4th of the car, then go back and wipe off the excess after it hazed. Wipes right off, no noticable streaking either. The finished result is a very carnauba like appearance, a nice wet shimmer. Nice slickness to it also.

This afternoon, I used it on a moderately neglected Acura RL that hadn`t been waxed in about a year. I had to use DACP on the hood and trunk (surface scratches) then go over the whole car with Swirl Free Polish then over it again with Vanilla Moose. I used Poorboy`s EX to top it off and the results were excellent. Very nice wet sheen and the lady was really pleased with the results.

To sum up, Poorboy`s EX is a very user friendly product and it smells nice to boot! So far, the results seem consistant with what others have said...very carnauba like which I like. I will use it on my own car when I have a chance to see how long it will last.

I took some pictures of the Acura, so when I get the film developed, I`ll post them in this thread. I also plan on using it on a white Ford F-250 that I wash and wax about every 3 months so I can see how it looks on white and how well it holds up on a work truck.

AMP01
10-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Scott,

It is interesting to hear your feedback on EX! I really like it on darker colors with a P21S/S100 or Souveran topper. Let me know how you like it in the long term.

Your feedback on products new to you is always welcome! :xyxthumbs

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

andriver
10-24-2003, 11:06 PM
I`ve used both EX and Carnuba Moose on my 03 Jeep. I like them both. I can not really tell which is better. I think they are both winners...Andrew

imported_memnuts
10-25-2003, 03:39 AM
Scott, this review exemplifies why your assessments are so respected. Honest opened-minded critiques. :bow

imported_Greg
10-25-2003, 10:57 AM
I really like the EX. Its about as easy to use as they come and the results are fantastic. However, I have found durability is about 3-4 weeks. I know why it only lasts that long, but the word sealant in my mind should bring some better durability. I love the stuff in the the non winter months for the look, but went with Klasse for the winter.

airjames
10-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Ummmmmm,

:showpics

LOL j/k man

imported_memnuts
10-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by F-150_91

Ummmmmm,

LOL j/k man

Scott wrote that he will post pixs when roll of film is developed. Be patient. :wavey

maxshine
10-25-2003, 12:35 PM
Greg,

3-4 weeks !

I hope not. I just got some for my truck since I always work on it outside. I think the label reads 6-9 months. I of course wasn`t expecting that long but at least 3 months. You should contact Poorboy.

imported_awd330
10-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by maxshine

Greg,

3-4 weeks !

I hope not. I just got some for my truck since I always work on it outside. I think the label reads 6-9 months. I of course wasn`t expecting that long but at least 3 months. You should contact Poorboy.

For me, the warm carnauba glow began to fade after six weeks, but the sealant protectant qualities were still there. Poorboy recommended using a carnauba based quick detailer to refresh the "pop". I used a little of his QD+ spray and that glow came right back. I now incorporate a monthly QD+ refresher into my detailing routine.

imported_NHBFAN
10-25-2003, 01:42 PM
I found EX to be pretty good and certainly easy to work with, but I wouldn`t compare it`s shine to Klasse, Blitz, or S100.

After using EX I felt I had to top it with S100.

imported_kgb
10-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Glad you saw the light Scott!

rstype
10-25-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the review, Scott. Keep us updated on durability.

Originally posted by awd330

For me, the warm carnauba glow began to fade after six weeks, but the sealant protectant qualities were still there.

Other than Steve, how can you tell?

<- Curious Ben

TortoiseAWD
10-25-2003, 04:56 PM
I`ve found pretty much the same as some others have with EX . . . outstanding ease-of-use, nice look, but so-so durability (beading started to get pretty loose after a few weeks). An excellent "fair weather" product, IMO, but I`d also suggest one of the polymers with a rep for durability for winter protection.

Tort

DCT
10-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Actually, I`ve found Poorboy`s PWC seems to have more durability than the EX. A couple of coats of EX over the PWC seems to increase durability substantially.................. and it looks excellent! Top that with Poorboy`s new pure carnauba, and your in pretty darn good shape!

imported_kgb
10-25-2003, 07:04 PM
I did not know they had a pure carnuba now...How did I miss this?!?!

Thanks White!