PDA

View Full Version : I encourage you to test Klasse application on glass

YoSteve
10-22-2003, 10:46 PM
I`ve often used my windshield and other windows to help determine the longevity and durability of Klasse (both SG and AIO)

If your window is Klasse free (or make it so by cleaning it before hand), put some SG on it, the method we mostly use (waiting to buff) and then do it on another window the new way (buffing right away).

It`ll put a thin single layer of SG and you`ll be able to determine how washing and the elements treat the glass (and they`ll be side by side)

It`s your best best at getting a good comparison accurately.

So go to it :xyxthumbs

imported_NHBFAN
10-22-2003, 11:24 PM
YoSteve,

I don`t plan on subscribing to the new way of applying SG. Since I`ve purchased Sonus, SG removal is VERY easy. I don`t believe the original way is based on folklore, I think it`s still the preferred way.

YoSteve
10-22-2003, 11:28 PM
I can`t really comment on something I haven`t tried.

True, by the time you get around to buff off the stuff, it`s already dried (say from starting on one side of the hood to the other). So in that sense it`s not that different. But if you`re going to wipe on wipe off, karate kid style that`s completely different.

It definately need to be tested, which is why I offered a good way to try it.

medic
10-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Personally, I wait a day or more to buff off the SG. It`s a white car so it`s not even noticible that it`s on the car. I figure with 24 hours+ before buffing, I can make sure everything is cured properly.

It works well. I just make sure to rewash the car which removes anything and gives me a chance to put on another SG layer right away.

If I were to buff off the SG within an hour or right away, I`d like to test out Yo Steve`s suggestion

jimmybuffit
10-23-2003, 03:22 AM
I use the Klasse Twins everyday.

I put the AIO on one panel and remove it. Very easy this way.

I put the thin coat of SG on the entire vehicle, then I dress the tires and polish windows. Then I remove the SG, usung a QD as required.

Bingo! The vehicle is ready for inspection, and clients are quite impressed!

It is important to me that the client continues to be impressed after 3 and 4 months... the Klasse Twins get that job done.

Jim

TidesHHI
10-23-2003, 04:27 PM
Started using Klasse last year and like the results. Does SG need buffing or could it be removed by washing the car?

YoSteve
10-23-2003, 04:31 PM
you can remove it by washing, you`re going to wash anyways.