PDA

View Full Version : Some Zaino Questions

asianmantis
10-22-2003, 07:32 PM
1. My instructions say to mix 1oz of Z-3 and 4-5 drops of ZFX. My problem is.... How do I know how much 1oz is? My hand is not a scale. To be more specific, how much is 1ox in relation to the little bottles that come w/the ZFX kit.

2. Can I use Zaino (z-3) over 3M SMR and 3MPIIIFCC (fine cut compound)? Or would I have to wash after using the 3M products

Bascially this is what I`m going to do:

*note my car is pretty dirty*

1. Dawn Wash

2. Clay Bar

3. Meguiars Gold Class Wash

4. 3M FCC

5. 3M SMR

6. (Wash?)

7. a. Z-2

b. QD

c. repeat (3 times total)

8. A2Z

9. Meguiars High Endurance tire gloss

Do I need to make any changes?

ntoddalbert
10-22-2003, 07:36 PM
im no zaino expert, I will leave that to others, but I would say clean the wheels first.

You wouldnt want to make a mess of that new Zaino shine using a hose on your wheels

Dont sweat it,l the Zaino Guys will be here shortly....

Dave N
10-22-2003, 07:45 PM
1. The Zaino mixing bottles hold 2 oz. If you read the ZFX directions carefully it tells you in there somewhere. I took a ruler and made a mark half way up a bottle so I could mix up just 1 oz., then made a half oz. mark as well. Actually, can get 3 coats on my compact truck (+topper) easily with half an oz. of Zaino. I used 2 drops of ZFX for half an oz.

2. Yes, you need to wash your car after either of those polishes. Some say to use Dawn, others say that Z7 wash (or any car wash) will work OK.

Tralfaz
10-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Now if I remember correctly the mixing bottles you get with the ZFX are 2 ounce bottles, so if you fill it half way with Z3 or Z5 then you have 1 ounce of product, so then just add the ZFX drops based on that.

Regarding the 3M stuff, SMR has fillers, so you have to clean the car, dawn etc. before the Z can be applied.

I prefer the PI III stuff because it does not contain any fillers.

I`m going to try Menzernz Final Polish on the Carrera after the PI III because it does not contain any fillers.

raymond_ho2002
10-22-2003, 07:58 PM
dawn-wash after polishing/smr, right before the application of zaino/zfx. You can wash with anything you want before polishing.

One ounce can be easily measured in a plastic syringe. You can easily get one on your next visit to your doctor, vet, or if you have a friend in health care or biological research.

-Raymond

asianmantis
10-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Erg... Sorry for not reading directions.

Tires will get washed first

Car will be washed after 3M stuff.

Thanks Guys!

imported_memnuts
10-23-2003, 05:30 AM
asianmantis,

Start by mixing only 1/2 oz of Z3 ( 1/4 of mixing bottle). You will be surprised how far this amount will go. Add two (2-3) drops of ZFX. Mix (shake) for 90 seconds. Allow to activate ( sit) for 5 minutes. Re-mix for 30 secs and proceed to apply very thin coats.

Yes dawn wash after polishing step if you are using the products that you mentioned.

Do not apply the Zaino (protectant) until you are satisfied with the look of your finish after prep. When satisfied with your paint`s appearance and condition, wipe down with Z6 spritzed on a MF. Now you are ready protect with Z3 and enjoy the experience. :wavey

Menzerna Polishes :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs