PDA

View Full Version : Trying out a new wash mitt

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
10-22-2003, 07:29 PM
I was sent a sample today of a new wash mitt made from "Microdenier" or so the label says. It is very soft and feels much like a MF towel but it is "shaggy" instead of having a close knit loop style.

The mitt looks to be very well made and the inside of the mitt is a soft foam type material with a sewn in finger split. The one thing I will get rid of before I use it to wash is the little loop on the end, I guess to hand the mitt up to dry. I will cut that off so it does not possibly scratch the paint.

It looks as though it will hold a ton of soap and water but tomorrow will be the true test. Here is a pictue of it. Has anyone seen or used this mitt??

I`ll post how it performs tomorrow evening.

Anthony

Preachers Sheets
10-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Have you used one of those microfiber mitts? I like em alot but the cotton towels are working fine for me.

Scottwax
10-22-2003, 10:16 PM
I`ve just been using the chenille covered foam pads but I`m always looking to try something better. Keep us posted on how well it works Anthony.

Anthony O.
10-22-2003, 10:27 PM
I have used a MF wash mitt for some time now but it seems that after awhile the pile lays down and doesn`t fluff back up.

I hope this wash mitt does well and holds up to daily use.

I will make sure to keep you all posted.

Anthony

Anthony O.
10-23-2003, 05:56 PM
OK, I washed several cars today, including 1 black Porsche and a red BMW, and this wash mitt performed very well. It held a good amount of soap and water as predicted and it also cleaned very well.

The material though is odd, or better it FEELS different from my other MF wash mitt. It seems to "grab" more on the finish which I thought at first would be a bad thing, especially on the black Porsche, but I noticed nothing in the way off washing marks or swirls and such. Maybe the term "grab" is too harsh but it was different feeling, that`s for sure.

One thing I always require of my wash mitts is that they rinse clean from dirt and grime and I was very skeptical of this mitt to rinse clean. So when washing the NSX I took the plunge and washed the lower panels with it and it came back up with road grime on it. I dropped it in my rinse bucket and lightly agitated the dirty area with my fingers and it all rinsed out clean:eek: I was very impressed with that result:xyxthumbs

I normally have two sponges on hand, one for top body washing and then a sponge or two that I call "Snot Rags" and use them for the lower panels, the ones that catch all the road grime, so I would not recommend using such a fine wash mit for the lower grime areas but save it for finer washing.

Now the next test is the longevity test. Let`s see how it puts up with daily washing of 5 to 12 cars:nixweiss

I am going to call the person who sent me the wash mitt and see if we can get some sort of discount, I am not even sure ho wmuch the mitt costs, but if you are interested let me know here on this thread.

Thanks,

Anthony

andriver
10-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Count me in Anthony. I am interested.

imported_2wheelsx2
10-23-2003, 08:22 PM
i was just going to put an order in to autopia for 5 new mits so it will be on hold cuase i want in

Anthony O.
10-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,

This guy who sent me the mitt will call me in the AM and let me know the cost and what discount if any he will gives us Autopians.

Thanks guys,

Anthony

CleanMachine
10-23-2003, 08:39 PM
I recently been using the 100% cotton mitt from s.m. arnold. A great soft mitt and holds up very well.

Anthony O.
10-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Hello,

OK I spoke with the guy who sent me these samples today and what he is going to do is send me UP TO 5 more mitts and I will inturn send them out to a few people to test and try out on their own.

This way you can all post your results here also and I will also send out where to buy more. The downside is that they only sell them by the case and there is 12 to a case BUT perhaps if one persons buys a case and doesn`t need all 12 they can re-sell them to others who want one.

I will let you all know how many he sends me and get back with you all. He will try and send me 5 but at least 3.

Now when I told the guy that I was using it to wash my cars with he was stunned and said....."Wow! I never thought about using it to wash cars with." He goes on to tell me that they are designed for polishing paint and so forth but then said that I perked his interest in using them as wash mitts. Boy did I feel stupid:eek: So I am going to wash my mitt and dry it well and see how it works at wax and polish removal, we might have a dual winner:xyxthumbs

I`ll keep you all posted.

Anthony

Deanski
10-25-2003, 07:17 AM
Anthony,

Keep me posted as well... Always looking for good wash mitts and polish pads.

Glad to know it worked well on the black finish with no marring etc!

I`ll take several!

Regards,

Deanski

RobertNQ
10-25-2003, 08:00 AM
I`m always open to using new, quality products....

Keep me posted too Anthony! i too, am in need of more wash mitts.....

Thanks man!

spotter
10-25-2003, 10:13 AM
I am definitely interested as well. More than willing to split a case with someone.

Anthony O.
11-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Hello people,

OK I was mailed 5 wash/polish mitts from this dude here in Austin Texas and I will send one to "BlackRegal" (if he gets back with me soon) and I`ll also send one to "anddriver", "Nozebleed", "scottwax" and "Deanski" if they want a sample.

Please get back with me soon, PM me with a mailing address, if you don`t wish to have one mailed to you please let me know so I can send it on to another person. After you get the mitt and try it please post back here and give us all your thoughts.

I`ll contact the distributor and get prices for a case if they are well liked.

Anthony

stilez
11-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Anthony,

I am interested in trying it out as well. If someone backs out please keep me in mind. I`ll paypal you a couple bucks for shipping. Thanks!

-Sean