PDA

View Full Version : Megs Gold Class Shampoo

stevet
10-22-2003, 02:06 PM
I have recently switched back to Megs Gold Class within the last month. I like the lube it provides and cleans well plus I can buy it by the gallon for $9.99. The problem is I notice that my sheep skin mits start to fall apart much faster than with other car soap, and if I use Gold Class as a lube for clay the clay bar also falls apart. Has anybody else had the same problem?

Bill D
10-22-2003, 02:26 PM
No ,not at all, I `ve been using it since summer on many cars with Eurow sheepskin mitt from Walmart. I think maybe you got a bad mitt :nixweiss

stevet
10-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Bill D,

The Mit is three months old, it was fine until I switched to Gold Class and after the second wash it started to shed in clumps.

The mit also started to smell bad. I rinse it well and let it air dry.

Also I clayed a car using Gold Class and water as lube and the bar turned mushy and left clay on the car.

I have used p21s, Megs 00, and Megs Soft Wash Gel, and this did not happen.

I really like washing with Gold Class, it has more lube and cleans better than the others I have used.

Bill D
10-22-2003, 03:15 PM
I`m dumbfounded by this as I can still use the first sheepskin mitt I bought this year after using nothing but GC. with it :nixweiss

What kind of clay was it? I think some have reported issues with both the Meg`s and the Mothers clay. Clay Magic worked great for me :up

I`m interested in using QEW this winter and trying Sonax car wash sometime as I hear it is extra slippery, a must for a dark colored car.