PDA

View Full Version : Sealing Exhaust `Can??`

Kleanride
10-21-2003, 09:40 AM
Good morning!

I want to start layering sealant on the ol` exhaust tip on the 2001 Civic. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? It is a muffler/tip thingy (vocabulary fails me right now) and I am really only looking to seal the tip part of it. I was thinking of using AIO followed by a layer of Platinum, but letting the platinum sit on it for a day or so before removing. Will this work or, if the car is driven, will it get to hot and become a mess somehow? I dunno, maybe I should just stick with what works (like what that band AC/DC did album after album) and let it haze for 2 hours, remove, add another layer and so on.

Any input would be great!

:xyxthumbs :nixweiss

imported_kgb
10-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Not sure with the heat if that stuff will be good. I have a Magnaflow exhaust on my Civic and I just keep it kleen with mothers metal polish every couple of washes.

Kleanride
10-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Thats what I was doing with American Shine Utimate Metal Polish, but over the winter last year, a few specs of rust started popping up, so this year I need to be armed!

imported_kgb
10-21-2003, 09:52 AM
Might want to just hit it with a good clear coat for high temps.

MidnightHour
10-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Yeh, the temps of an exhaust are much too high for even a sealant to withstand. Clear coat it if you want it to be sealed.