PDA

View Full Version : Detailing methods for "L" detailers

togwt
10-21-2003, 09:23 AM
What detailing method or product usage process have you learned about on Autopia or through your experience would you pass on to a `newbie`

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect

HellrotCi
10-21-2003, 09:33 AM
I`ve learned that the Search tool is both your friend and your foe. It`s a friend because there are hundreds of posts that cover almost everything you will ever need to tackle your detailing tasks. :D It`s your foe for the same reason. You`ve got to weed through all those posts to find what you need. :eek:

SK2003TypeS
10-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Read, read, read and read some more. Read more and post less in the beginning. It seems that the same topics come up in cycles and make more work for the moderators. Read about everything you have time for, because chances are you will run into it, or you may find a sidenote within a thread and learn something new. I try not to start any new threads because it`s on here somewhere.

Second biggest thing for me is to plan and overestimate time for wiggle room. Organize your supplies before hand. Schedule a day(s) depending on your goals.

JasonC8301
10-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Detailing methods for "L" detailers...What does that mean????

Read, read, read, that can`t be said enough.

togwt
10-21-2003, 12:19 PM
L = newbie

"L" refers to the plates affixed to a `learner" drivers car until they passes the UK driving test.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect