PDA

View Full Version : Who QDs as their last step of their routine?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
10-20-2003, 09:07 PM
How many people QD as there last step of their exterior routine?

I`ve tried it with good result. It seems to "even out" my topper and cleans up any wax dust.

I`m not sure if it`s detrimental to the curing process of the wax though.

bunker
10-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Yep, it gives me a chance to look the car over for any missed flaws. It gives the paint just a little extra.

chris0626
10-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Who doesn`t?? :D

Jesstzn
10-20-2003, 09:43 PM
I usually wait one day .. I don`t know if it impeeds the wax curing at all but I just do it that way .. day two I wash / dry and QD. Just my experience owning a black car that on the second day at the right sun angle there is a curing haze evident be the wax #26/Glanz/Gold Glass etc .. and yes I don`t over apply and yes I allow good drying time and yes I use folded not scrunched towels to buff. So if the haze is evident the QD "might" effect it. I stress MIGHT. Dunno.

Deanski
10-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Have to! Once wax is on, break out the FD and I`m a spraying fool! :p

Helps bring out the best in waxes, at least for the most part depending on which wax.

You know, that Clearkote QSS is not bad too!

Regards,

Deanski

fidelfs
10-20-2003, 10:15 PM
I use QS as my final step.

:xyxthumbs

PakShak
10-20-2003, 10:40 PM
I do also.

I currently use a mixture of ClearKote QS and Poorboy`s SW. I am eagerly waiting for my Meguiar`s FD to come in to give that a try.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

Scottwax
10-20-2003, 10:54 PM
I do to make sure I haven`t left any wax residue anywhere on the car, plus since I use Quikshine, I also hit the glass with it too.

phil7533
10-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Mike Phillips, Please correct me if I`m wrong, but I believe when Mike was finishing up my car he said... Never QD when you are done because it wipes the Wax off that you just put on?

Mike?

Kleanride
10-21-2003, 03:49 PM
I don`t think I COULDN`T QD after all is said and done! a klean MF and a bottle of Race Glaze GlossHighlighter....the neighbors HAVE to think I am crazy! "He just washed and waxed his car, now is is going BACK OVER IT with something.....nut case!"

imported_memnuts
10-21-2003, 04:12 PM
On my Zaino`d vehicle I wait , even when using ZFX, a day garaged and than QD with Z6

On my Carnauba vehicle it depends. Normally with P21S or Souveran I have found no benefit. I normally detail indoors so the finish is never hot and streaking is not a problem. Many times I will wash and wax in AM and QD that evening.

With EX also no need to QD immediately afterwards.

Basically I am old school and allow protectant to "cure (sealant)" / "flow" (waxes) prior to QD`ing. I see nothing wrong with either method with the frequency we detail our vehicles. :cool:

C-MDX
10-21-2003, 06:11 PM
How about QD between coats??? Will the QD remove the wax that you just put on???

imported_NHBFAN
10-21-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by phil7533

Mike Phillips, Please correct me if I`m wrong, but I believe when Mike was finishing up my car he said... Never QD when you are done because it wipes the Wax off that you just put on?

Mike?

That`s what I was afraid of.

MBZ 500E
10-22-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by phil7533

Mike?

Mike also reiterated this to me as well. After playing with 4 or five different samples of wax I grabbed the bottle of FD and was about to spray when he said "Don`t do that". I was confused until he explanation that many of the waxes are polymers that need time to set up before they are sprayed and wiped. If time is not allowed you may remove the wax and prevent proper polymerization. He suggested waiting a day before wiping down with a QD.

It`s going to be hard braking old habbits but after seeing the results on some of the waxes I`d have to agree.

imported_kgb
10-22-2003, 09:09 AM
If I have to take the car and drop it off I usually wait until I get to the location and do it there.