PDA

View Full Version : I got egged! Need some help.

filthy
10-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Well two days after applying my Blackfire products to my Suburban some idiot egged me. After cleaning everything off I noticed an egg shaped spot on my Suburban. I can`t tell if the seal is cracked or not. It looks like pieces of tiny eggshell lodged in the surface. Any ideas on how to handle this?

blackntan
10-20-2003, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear that man, I feel your pain... Read my post, and see what everyone has to say. I`m afraid it`s not good news... :( :(

click here (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29211)

blackntan
10-20-2003, 09:39 PM
with that said... I`d be extremely appreciative if you could let me know how the blackfire holds up against such damage. I`ve been contemplating between Klasse and Blackfire as the Polymer for my black mx-5, so any opinions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

My condolences once again, and if I find a cure for mine, I`ll be sure to PM you the fix... :(

filthy
10-20-2003, 10:13 PM
It`s only been a month with the Blackfire but man I`m diggin` it! Easy to apply, especially for a Suburban, and after 4 weeks and the South Florida rain/heat it stills looks like day one. NOW if I can only deal with this freakin` egg spiral life would be...better. I shouldn`t complain to much, when I first noticed it I thought I missed a spot when I applied the Blackfire but upon further examination I saw it wasn`t that easy. Hopefully I can get it back to 75%. I`m sure I`m the only one who will know it`s there.

blackntan
10-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Ya, I hear that. I think I`m goin to order the blackfire. Do you have the whole set? What products do you use?

Let us know how you do. I`m really interested in how the blackfire handles eggs and such.

Philly is notorious for vandels and `mischief night` crap. I`m sure I haven`t heard the last of this egging mess. I just hope I have the top up for the majority of it...

scottabir
10-20-2003, 11:15 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27170 this is a thread I remebered seeing before. I hope this might give you some ideas. sorry to hear about this, breaking of arms sounds like a decent punishment.

filthy
10-21-2003, 07:44 AM
blackntan,

I ordered the "Blackfire New Car Kit & the Deep Gloss Spray" from Classic Motoring. The eggs literally wiped right off when I began washing my Suburban. The only left over was the initial egg impact.

imported_Honda Man
10-21-2003, 09:09 AM
I got egged last week and the egg hit in the middle of my rear door leaving the typical impact spot. I got the egg removed within 5 minutes so all the damage was from the impact. Under closer observation it appeared that most of the damage was to the clear. Only a couple of little chips went thru the black. I was able to fill in the fissures using a mixture of black and clear touch up paint. After letting the paint dry I was able to knock off the high spots with some 2000 sand paper. Than I worked the area using my PC and #83 DACP, followed by some #9. I was able to eliminate 90% of the damage. I will post some pictures when I get a chance. Good Luck.

filthy
10-21-2003, 05:35 PM
The whole touch up part scares me. I`ve never done any touch up`s to that extreme so it makes me nervous to think about trying it.

Detailing NY
10-21-2003, 05:43 PM
I would flip out, i hide my car on halloween. If my car was egged that is reason for me to kill the person and then plead insanitity.

I pray that i never catch anyone doing that to my car or any car that is on my block. serious pain would be inflicted on them

blackntan
10-21-2003, 10:13 PM
NY, I agree. I`m pretty sure who did it to my car, but I live near the border of a bad part of the city, and am almost certain that the group that did it travel in groups of 10+ at all times, and carry guns 90+% of the time. If I saw them do it though, you`d be reading my obituary right now though. I have the personality that has to confront and insult, no matter the threat. Prolly the reason i`ve never been successfully mugged.

Regardless, an egg on the car isn`t worth my life. The principle, however, is a different story.

:D

scottabir
10-22-2003, 02:12 AM
blackntan, nothing a 90 round drum on a assault rifle won`t take care of.