PDA

View Full Version : DF Towel

johnnygee3
10-20-2003, 05:46 PM
I just received my DFConcours Towel, 36x20 size. I was planning on using it to dry my car. Will one towel dry a complete car? If one won"t do it, I might use it to buff off LG. I washed it already and am putting off using it till I decide for sure what to use it for. What do you guys use this towel for? Do you like it? My car has millions and millions of water beads, I can"t do that garden hose "trick",I use S.S. at car wash. So Thats alot of water to get soaked up.

Deanski
10-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Use your DF for QD work. Use a waffel weave for drying.

The DF`s are by far the best ones for QD work!

I use a waffel weave to pick-up any water left from using a CWB. Then, I use a Pakshak MF for all wax-off work and removal of any QD that may be a bit more "dirty" than normal, but switch to DF or CBT towel for final QD wipe.

Regards,

Deanski

Bill D
10-20-2003, 06:30 PM
I`m going to order as soon as the mediums are back in stock. They sound superb!

Deanski
10-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Bill D,

You will not be disappointed! For QD work, I have several stashed in the trunk of my SC430.

Once you get them, wash with a liquid detergent, dry without dryer sheet on low and you will now have one of the finest QD towels available!

Watch out when QD`ing... they slide around and can find the ground if not careful! :p

Enjoy the towels! I know I do!

Regards,

Deanski

Bill D
10-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey Deanski,

Thanks for the recommendation!

chris0626
10-20-2003, 08:30 PM
Yep, johnnygee3, like Deanski said: Do not try to use your DFTowel for drying. That`s not where it excels. Use a waffleweave to dry. Then use that glorious DFTowel for wax/polymer removal and for QDing. Those towels are awesome!

medic159
10-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Actually they do work for drying but you have to wipe VERY slowly as they wick slowly but absorb a lot. I use a leaf blower first, then towel dry the remainder.

johnnygee3
10-21-2003, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys for the info

Ordered 2 waffle weave from autogeek Hope they`re good ones.There`s ssooooooooooo much info and different things out there,its hard for me to decide which stuff to buy. Will use my DT for QD`s

imported_Aurora40
10-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah, what DF said. It does hold a lot of water, but it is pretty slow absorbing and thus hard to use for drying. I originally got the XL to dry my car, but now I just get the mediums and use them for QD`ing. They are incredible for this. Use your biggie for QD, and you`ll have plenty of towel to work with.

bulldog1881
10-21-2003, 07:23 PM
i have read numerous times of people using "leaf blowers" to quicken the drying time. aren`t any of you worried that those blowers with 190 mph wind, act like a sandblaster on paint finishes, or is it just me? what`s the proper way to use them?

thanks in advance for your input.....

:shocked

medic159
10-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by bulldog1881

...aren`t any of you worried that those blowers with 190 mph wind, act like a sandblaster on paint finishes...

Nope, never had a problem. Of course you need to use some common sense like not aiming at the ground so it blows dirt onto the car. I also blow dry the area where I wash the car before washing so this helps too.

Bill D
10-22-2003, 10:43 AM
I`m eventually going to get that Toro 215 MPH leaf blower :D :D