PDA

View Full Version : looking for opinions/suggestions concerning best indoor car cover

CuriousJa
10-20-2003, 04:58 PM
my `01 C5 is basically a garage queen thats never parked outside, but my garage always seems to bombard my car with dust. so my question is...what cover will give me the best protection from dust and also be very gentle to the finish as to prevent any swirls? the gargage is not heated so moisture also might be a factor over the winter months. Thank You for your suggestions - Ja

Bill D
10-20-2003, 05:12 PM
I have a garage queen too and I use an Evolution 4 cover for it. A Weathershield and a Noah for my daily driver.

HTH

medic159
10-20-2003, 06:09 PM
I use a simple poly/cotton cover I bought from www.store.yahoo.com/sevensaturdays/polcarcov.html it`s very soft and machine washable.

forrest@mothers
10-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Flannel lined cotton will absorb moisture. The trick, updated material for indoor only use is called "Dustop", made by Kimberly Clark.

I use it indoors, and Ev4 outdoor.

Most all the cover makers have Dustop available. BTW, according to the Kimberly Clark research scientist I spent some time with during a shoot for our TV program, Dustop stops 300% more dust from passing through than flannel lined cotton does.

togwt
10-24-2003, 10:14 AM
Dustop for the toy, Sunbrella (for Florida UV)for the `daily drivers`.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect