PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

PatrickJ
10-20-2003, 01:37 PM
I am a newbie here, and have dedicated my entire morning to finding the right place to help make my car look new. It seems that I have found it. After reviewing numerous threads and searching over various topics. I believe that I might have found the combo for my car. I am very partial to Meguiar`s products and am a firm believer in using products of the same company. Tell me what you guys think. I`d appreciate any comments or opinions. My car has a definate amount of rock speckles on the hood, which is being replaced as soon as I can afford it and the trunk lid has some mild oxidation. Other than that, the paint looks pretty good, just in need of some massaging.

1# Meguiar`s car wash

2# Medallion Paint Cleaner

3# Meguiar`s #20 poly seal

4# Meguiar`s #26 yellow wax

followed by a QD

What do ya`ll think?

PatrickJ
10-20-2003, 01:56 PM
I`ve never thought about clying my car. I think that I`ll make it an all day project this weekend. Thanks for your input!

imported_kgb
10-20-2003, 03:13 PM
Welcome!

Clayign should not be an all day project if that is what you meant. Should only take a little bit to clay the car.

Magellan498
10-20-2003, 03:29 PM
:welcome to Autopia!

fidelfs
10-20-2003, 05:13 PM
:welcome to Autopia!

:xyxthumbs

shaf
10-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Welcome to Autopia Patrick. :wavey

Your plan sounds good as long as you add in a claying step, as mentioned, and if your paint doesn`t really need much swirl removal at all, since the steps you have are either very gentle or have little hiding ability.

PatrickJ
10-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Thank Everyone for the warm welcome. I have been reading and searching non-stop. I am going to have this car looking fine as all can be. I`ll post up some before and afters once I have everything completed!!!

togwt
10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
:welcome Patrick

Your detailing plan looks good (+ clay)

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect