PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Review

norahcrv
09-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Well, we tried out the Pinnacle Swirl Remover, Advanced Swirl Remover and Liquid Souveran on the test hood this morning.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1110DSC00023-med.JPG

After washing the hood with Mullet Wash, I cleaned it with AIO.
Then taped it off.
Applied Pinnacle Swirl Remover to this section and topped with Liquid Souveran.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1110DSC00012-med.JPG

Applied Pinnacle Swirl Remover, then Advanced Swirl Remover & topped with Liquid Souveran on this section.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1110DSC00006-med.JPG

The finished hood shot.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/1110DSC00015-med.JPG

Overall, I found them all easy to apply & work with the PC, they did reduce the slight swirling I was able to see on the hood.

While I enjoyed working with them, I`m not ready to toss my Poorboy`s collection yet . . .

Norah

gnev8
09-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Everybody`s posted reviews and I don`t even get my kit until Wednesday.
I guess that`s what I get for livin up here in the far left corner!!

rabbi
09-05-2004, 01:36 PM
The hood looks really nice. Good job norahcrv. What was the weather in which you applied these products? Btw how can you detail without breaking your nails?:dunno :lol

zesty-man
09-05-2004, 02:26 PM
nice nails! how big was the difference with the two step vs the three step process? ya got any pics? maybe you can leave us in suspense, and keep as guessing as to which side you used the advanced swirl remover, and which side you didnt.

norahcrv
09-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Rabbi, the weather was a balmy 90+ degrees, 25% humidity. We were working in the shade of the lemon tree, but had to move the hood into the sun for the pics. VERY carefully!!

Zesters, Thanks, no noticeable difference (other than it took longer to add third step). The Advanced Swirl Remover was used on the right side of the hood (with the windshield washer nozzle). I chose that side because it had more scuffs on it, and it got most of them out, except for the deep scratches. The LS seemed to fill some of them in & really improved the appearance.

OI812
09-05-2004, 10:42 PM
norahcrv
Maybe I should have tried the LS. I was wondering if you would top over the LS with anything? If you would what would it be? By the way nice Pics and review

norahcrv
09-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Since it was only a "test hood", I didn`t spend the time topping it today - my own car was calling me for "the big project". Just got done with that a little bit ago & I still need to do my write up on that. Don`t really know what a good topper for LS would be. While improved, it still looked a little "dead".
Any suggestions out there?
Norah

gnev8
09-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Souveran paste?

OI812
09-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Something less then $60 please.

Woob
09-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Autogeek at the moment has 15% off and Pinnacle @ 50 dollars. So I think you can get the paste shipped for 50. Liquid Souveran is 20 right now without the discount or shipping. pretty good deal to me, but I ain`t buying :D

edschwab1
09-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Nice review. Why did you choice a light color for practice panel?

Eric

norahcrv
09-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Basically it`s what I had available . . . both my cars are "beige" and the free hood from the wreckers is also "beige" and they didn`t give me a colour choice. Dark cars are not the colour of choice in my family here in AZ as they tend to get TOO HOT. Short of stealing some stranger`s car to try them on, I didn`t have a lot of choice. I would have liked to have something darker to really show off the effects of the products, but it just wasn`t an option at this time. I`m hoping to get ahold of my sister`s boyfriends `99 Pewter Grey Nissan Sentra, which last I saw was swirl city, but he is out of town right now, so I`ll just have to be patient.

Norah

edschwab1
09-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Thanks Norah, more info than I need to satisfy my curiosity.

Eric