PDA

View Full Version : Bug Splatter on the GT (Pics)

JayJayPG
10-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Took some pictures of my insect problem on the Eclipse. I`ve tried everything (Pressure wash, bug/tar remover, vanilla moose, etc.) but nothing will take it out. It is an eyesore on an otherwise perfect car. I`m tempted to buy a car bra just to cover it up. Any advice on removing these bug splatters?

JayJayPG
10-19-2003, 06:12 PM

JayJayPG
10-19-2003, 06:14 PM

imported_kgb
10-19-2003, 06:37 PM
I would spray it with some Stoner`s Invisible Glass. I find their Invisible Glass works better on bug than their Tarminator. Let it soak a while then wipe it off. If that does not work I recommend Poorboy`s polish. Polish and a Porter Cable buffer should get it out.

GoodnClean
10-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Have you tried clay?

imported_chpsk8
10-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Wash, bug and tar remover, clay, polish, wax... Or Zaino or sealant, etc...

imported_BretFraz
10-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Are those "deposits" still on the surface, or have they eaten into the clearcoat and are now below the surface?

Have a look at them with a magnifying glass or loupe. Can you feel them? Pick them off with your fingernail? If they`re still above the surface you can remove. If not, you`re prolly SOL.

I use a dedicated bug juice remover from Hi Temp; Porsche Tecquipment makes one too. But your car may need some polishing with something aggressive to remove the damage.

A regular bug & tar remover prolly won`t touch them - that stuff is mostly mineral spirits which is fine for tar and grease but won`t touch bugs.