PDA

View Full Version : smoking and smell issues!

brokentelephone
10-19-2003, 03:31 PM
I am obsessive compulsive about the cleanliness of my interior, though I continue to smoke inside the car (with all 4 windows, and sunroof open of course).

I find all of the smell disappears after a good vacuuming and dash treatment, though I would like some input on how to keep the car smelling smoke free.

LouisanaJeeper
10-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Put one of those baking soda boxes in your car under the seat

Bill D
10-19-2003, 03:36 PM
If you have access to a steamer like the Steam Buggy, perhaps on occasion try steaming the carpets and lining. One time there was the smell of gasoline in my interior and the steamer got it out. Also fluffed up the carpet beautifully.

GoodnClean
10-19-2003, 07:50 PM
I agree...

You may not smell it, but as a nonsmoker who has detailed cars that have been smoked in, you haven`t removed the smell. Its just down to where you`re used to it. If I or any other non-smoker sat in the car I garuntee that we would know you were a smoker.

So if you`re that anal about it, take the big plunge!

Then there`s the whole "be healthy" thing, but the clean interior would be reason #1 ;)

tom p.
10-19-2003, 08:19 PM
the guys are right. You may not think it`s bad but a non-smoker can smell it a mile away. :(

Clean up your act ! Kick the habit.

GoodnClean
10-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Please, think of the car! ;)

hondaguy2582
10-19-2003, 10:42 PM
like ejant said, quit the habit. You are wasting money on early death by buying that crap, which is at least $1-2000 a year wasted on early death. Think about how much money you can save, people around you will like you more because you don`t smoke, and your own personal hygiene and health will be much much better. I hate smoking with a passion, and I definitely cannot stand when somebody smokes around me(I find it rude and disrespectful that I have to breathe in the poison they do bc they can`t do it outside or something bc they are lazy). I also have asthma along with this hatred towards smoking. Maybe I went overboard on this, but here`s the conclusion: Quit now, make your vehicle smell better, and breath fresh air rather than carbon monoxide.

titus
10-19-2003, 11:52 PM
Jeeze Guys! If he wants ta smoke in HIS car, let him smoke. All he asked was for a little info.

Ah, yes - smoking in the car - it brings back memories... I can remember doin` the right-handed crotch-flip (going seventy in morning traffic on I-294) after knocking the lit end off my butt :shocked and onto the seat area between my legs. :scared Then there was the everpresent scum on the inside of the windows. Of course I was only paying five dollars a carton in those days.

Had a rental auto about three weeks ago. Sign inside the vehicle: "No Smoking". Ash tray was spotless - without any burned spots. Both the wife and I (now many years from I-294 traffic) could smell `something`. Pulled the ciggy lighter out (for a look) and the coil had ash on it. I guess the rental guys had tried to remove the `smoke` smell. The interior didn`t smell `smoky` but it DID smell. The rental was supplied free by the dealer, while our car waited for a fuel pump assembly, so we drove with the windows partly open and the a/c on high.Better than walking. It`s a long way from the swamp into town.:D

brokentelephone
10-20-2003, 03:41 AM
thanks for the encouragment, i should quit, or at least not smoke in the car!

as for you hondaguy, lifes too short (especially for your hated smoker) don`t be so petty, sit quietly smug knowing that we`re all going to die before you by our own volition.

imported_memnuts
10-20-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by 99ITR_SC

as for you hondaguy, lifes too short (especially for your hated smoker) don`t be so petty, sit quietly smug knowing that we`re all going to die before you by our own volition.

LOL :cool:

Frequently interior cleaning helps, anti-bacterial sprays (i.e Meguiar`s Odor Eliminator, Fabresse (misp?)), shampoo rugs and seat ,if fabric, once a year and clean interior glass monthly.

Of course smoking cessation is the permanent answer, but if you are like myself who happens not to be perfect and you enjoy smoking when you drive. By all means do not rob yourself of this pleasure. :wavey