PDA

View Full Version : interesting aio observation

dtsang
10-18-2003, 10:07 PM
i made an interesting observation tonite. i applied aio yesterday to the entire car yesterday w/ the exception of the roof. this evening it was cold out, around 48 degrees. the ware i was in was a bit humid. it`s typical for frost to form on the body panels at nite. well on my roof where it was just zaino, frost formed. the interesting thing is that on the rest of the car, there was no frost:up

i will note that i may have incorrectly applied aio. i used a damp foam applicator pad, and for every panel i used a dime sized drop of aio and a shot of eagle one wet and wipe. after about 4-5 panels, i stopped using the shot of eagle one. i did this in 2 layers. now the aio was pretty hard to buff off after it had dried. at this point i knew i was doing something wrong (probably a combination of allowing it to dry and use of the quick detailer)

but in the end, i`d just thought i would share this observation.

ntoddalbert
10-19-2003, 06:05 PM
you can use as much of the AIO as you want, the dime size amout refers to the SG not teh aio. Its a cleaner, use as much as you need

I noticed my car will "frost" with wax and less with sealants, not scientific but I notice

Where in NJ?

Im from Bergen county

Pats300zx
10-19-2003, 06:30 PM
I have never had a problem with buffing off AIO. Are you sure you were applying it right??

YoSteve
10-20-2003, 08:45 PM
AIO used as a cleanser can be diluted with QD, but if you want protection from it, you can`t assume the QD won`t interfere with AIO acylic bonding.

dtsang
10-20-2003, 09:30 PM
falconguy - i applied aio according to yosteve`s instructions, and i live in jersey city

pats300zx - i probably did apply it wrong. i did the whole car and let it dry.

yosteve - i`m probably going to reapply it this weekend, and then top w/ zaino and s100 as a topper.

ntoddalbert
10-21-2003, 07:03 AM
Im right up rt 7 in Kearny

always up for a NY/NJ group meet, the last one never happened....

hondaguy2582
10-21-2003, 07:24 AM
apply aio with a mf applicator pad or terry pad. Applying sealants with a foam pad causes a lot of streaking.

togwt
10-21-2003, 08:00 AM
I`ve been applying aio with an MF applicator and qd with Sonus,

so far so good

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect

dtsang
10-21-2003, 09:50 AM
where are you guys finding mf applicator pads? i`d like to place my next mf order @ pakshak, but he doesn`t list it on his website.

nm, i found it on cma.