PDA

View Full Version : Winter cleaning

bimmerzhp
10-18-2003, 06:47 PM
I was wondering with winter around the corner how some people clean their cars. In previous winters I would bring my car to a brushless car wash and then wax it at home on my garage. That was for my leased cars. I now own a car and do not want to use a car wash. What to do:confused: Another question, I use S100 wheel cleaner and it is excellent. Better than any acid based cleaner I have used. Are their any other cleaners that I can get from local autopart stores that are acid free but yet clean well? S100 is a little pricey for a little bottle.

Bill D
10-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Many here use QEW, I`m, planning on using it for the first time this winter. If you do a search you`ll find a lot of great feedback about it. I`ve always washed my wheels regularly with car and water

beastie
10-20-2003, 06:37 AM
I have an advantage: I wash at work where we have a below ground garage that has a spigot and a hose. Although open to the outside, it never gets below freezing and it`s always lit. I also have an alternate site, also at work, that`s outdoors, sloped and well-drained. I have to wash quickly and spray the water liberally to keep it from freezing. Then I pull the car into a heated garage to dry the car. Have to pat the car dry because ice sometimes forms and can cause scratches if towels are dragged.

imported_indy
10-20-2003, 10:01 AM
I used to have a neighbor that would hook up his

hose to his hot water heater so that he could wash

his car with warm water.

I usually just get out and wash my vehicles rain/shine

since it doesn`t usually get below 40 here during the

winter.

imported_kgb
10-20-2003, 10:08 AM
I take mine to the power wash or touchless a couple times a week and make sure to get the underbody spray to get some of that salt off too.