PDA

View Full Version : Best way to apply product to pads?

airjames
10-18-2003, 05:34 PM
I have tendency to apply too much product to my pads, which causes waste of product and working my right arm too much. I`ve always applied product in a thin circle around the outer edge of the pad. I do about a 3x3 area, work that in for couple minutes, apply more product and go to the other area. It seems there`s too much on the paint and results in hard work and not the results I desire. How does everyone here apply there products??? Is there a certain pattern on the pad you follow or what????? Tks,,,,,,91

Magellan498
10-18-2003, 07:43 PM
I personally do the circle thing also, but I use a PC and very little product.

Works for me... :nixweiss

airjames
10-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Tks Magellan,

I have also heard of some members here who do the circle thing but they don`t do it in a complete circle, they use dots 12o clock, 3o clock, 6o clock and 9o clock on the pad. Dunno if this works or not but can`t hurt to try. I"m still open to suggestions,,,,,91

jeremyp111
10-19-2003, 04:27 AM
I use three two inch lines on the outer edge of the pad at 12:00 4:00 and 8:00 and it`s never failed me. I`m of the belief that too little is ok because you can add a tad more to the pad if needed, but too is a waste of product and time.

just my $.02 worth. Hope it helps.

Jeremy

Accumulator
10-19-2003, 10:34 AM
After the first panel (I do the "circle" thing or an "X") my pad is usually pretty uniformly saturated with product. From then on, I just apply a few "dots" of product to the pad.

YoSteve
10-20-2003, 08:41 PM
I sorta do it like paint, loading the pad, I work in the wet line, keeping it consistent. The shape I use is an very tall "W". I load a little bit at a time working in and pulling in the just applied line.

Patrick
10-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Once you saturate the pad, theres really no secret.....I generally just squirt some on there, and give her a squeez to help distribute it...

imported_Tony
10-22-2003, 01:29 PM
I have noticed that CMA will apply the product to the surface of the vehicle then spread the product with the PC before turning the PC on. Then they turn the PC on at about #3 to further spread the product and finally increase the speed to work the product.

Just a different approach.

good luck