PDA

View Full Version : hazy windows

explorer
10-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Last weekend I spent hours cleaning my windows (2 SUV`S), on the outside I used 1/2 water ,1/4 white vineger,1/4 alcohol, hard water around here, spots every where.

Anyway, great job they (spots) were gonne as planned, then to the inside since I still have 59 bottles of Mothers glass cleaner :D that`s what I used .

I went over every corner very carefully not leaving any spot behind, I was trully satisfied .:up

Then while moving the cars a little forward, the Sun was hiting at an angle that revealed the mess left behind,:scared Haze covered the intire glass, so I thought , there has to be something better out there and I`m searching.

Tell me guys is it product (which) or technique (elaborate)

I went over the glass twice after with 100% cotton diaper :angry and...haze:angry

How do you guys do it:wavey

Maxtorque02
10-18-2003, 12:28 PM
I`ve used Stoners glass cleaner with great results.:xyxthumbs

Jesstzn
10-18-2003, 12:47 PM
Been there .. done that on the windows .. was very frustrated .. Then I tried this.

Once you have done all like you have done with the glass cleaners take a paper towel dampened with water and a VERY clean dry (preferably new, I say this because you don`t want soap or wax residues in the towel ) MF towel. Wipe the inside of the window with the wet paper town then dry it with the MF. You will find all the haze gone. I did the windex etc once in the spring and since only water and the MF. The dry MF will actually clean the haze off the windows that comes from the interior plastic curing.

Not only is it low $$ its environmentaly friendly too. Believe it or not the best MF towel I found for THIS application is the ones Turtle Wax sells. Something about how they are made works great on the windows .. don`t get me wrong .. other MF towels work good too. I keep a new clean TW MF in the door pocket all the time for touchups when my dog sticks her nose on the window. I keep a new MF for this and as it gets soiled I move it on to other tasks and get another new one. Up here the TW ones are-$3 so in the US prolly $2.

Also Wifey will love you if you get her one for home use. Great using the same method on TV screens/glass coffee tables/ Patio doors etc.

kbshadow
10-18-2003, 01:41 PM
I did just as you said, it really worked.

I havn`t been able to get the haze off lately.

Yesterday I was at Costco and they had 12 MF`s for $8 and I bought some.

Just now after cleaning my windows several times with my old MF`s and still getting haze thought I would try the new clean dry ones, it took all the haze off.

stevet
10-18-2003, 05:32 PM
I use a clay bar on the outside of the windows. It takes about 15 min. and they are spot free. I do this about once a month, the rest of the time I use Stoners Invisible Glass.

On the inside I use Stoners and a small waffle weave microfiber towel. I know that waffle weaves are made for drying but they are the best thing I have tried on windows, no lint, no streaks, and slides over the glass easily.

PAW
10-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by kbshadow

Yesterday I was at Costco and they had 12 MF`s for $8 and I bought some.

$8!!!! I think I paid $9.99 at my Costco in Colorado. I thought everything was supposed to cost more in California?!?! :D

explorer
10-19-2003, 06:06 AM
OK , I gess I`ll have to buy me some fiber:D

Has any of you tryed cleaning windows with news paper , I hear it does a great job, I am still sceptical about this one,..ink every where:scared :nixweiss :shocked

explorer
10-19-2003, 06:08 AM
guess:o :D

Jesstzn
10-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Newspaper does work .. no ink but it is messy from paper fiber and a thing of the past .. try the TY MF

imported_ajbarnes
10-19-2003, 10:57 AM
I use newspaper along with Stoner Invisible Glass! Works like a charm!:xyxthumbs

imported_kgb
10-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Navi Man

I`ve used Stoners glass cleaner with great results.:xyxthumbs

Stoner`s Invisible Glass is the best stuff in my opinion!