PDA

View Full Version : Einszett Metallic Vs AIO

imported_Tony
10-17-2003, 01:23 PM
If you have AIO would you still purchase Einszett Metallic polish/wax. They look like they do the same thing.

LOTA OT
10-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Einszett metallic has slight abrasive/cleaning abilities and contains silicone. AIO really has no abrasives, but cleans chemically and contains acrylic. Both clean and provide a little protection.

I think they each have their place though. AIO makes a great base for certain synthetics that *might* have some bonding issues with the silicone in 1Z. If you have really light swirls, 1Z works great. Depends what condition your paint is in and if you plan to put on a topper.

Michael

Accumulator
10-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Yeah, as mpauly said, they both have their place. Metallic is a nice, (very) mildly abrasive polish that just happens to have some wax in it.

If *I* were going for a really perfect, Klassed finish, *I* would even use Metallic before AIO. AIO would presumably strip off whatever wax/silicon/whatever the Metallic left behind and prep the surface for SG. Whenever I use Metallic (after 1Z`s Paint Polish), *I* notice an improvement. I had Accumulatorette check out an Audi A6 I was doing and SHE noticed it too (no, I DIDN`T let her know what I was up to, it was a perfect "layman`s opinion" situation). That car, with marring I did NOT completely reomove, looked a LOT better after following the Paint Polish with the Metallic. Applying Autoglym`s SRP (which DOES clean similar to AIO) afterwards did NOT lessen the Metallic`s improvement.

So far, I`ve used Metallic under Autoglym`s Super Resin Polish and P UPP. No bonding issues with either of those two products.

Bill D
10-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Ahh........This is reassuring to read, sounds like AIO +SG will work ok over the 1zpolishes without bonding issues. Thanks once again Accumulator! :xyxthumbs