PDA

View Full Version : The price of steam...

rasx
10-16-2003, 08:07 PM
I posted another thread about this but wasn`t getting any replies, so...

I`m doing an interior detail on a 4dr Accord this Saturday and also removing the window tint. I got a hold of a steamer (like the fancy ones used to steam out wrinkles in clothes) which is suppose to be very helpful in removing the tint. I did my research and I know how to do it, but I don`t know how much to charge.

How much to charge for tint removal?

This girl was told by a shop that a detailer is the one who normally removes tint, so that`s where I come in (although I don`t have enough experience to feel comfortable calling myself a detailer). I need the money and it`s suppose to be pretty easy although it requires a lot of patience.

How much do I charge??

I need some input. Thanks.

-Rick

bubba2u
10-16-2003, 08:12 PM
I just had the windows tinted on my minivan and asked the guy about removing tint from my brother-in-laws civic. His shop(an audio sound/security and tint shop) charges $10 per window and $20 for the rear window that has a defroster. Hope this helps.

rasx
10-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Thanks dgorila1... Appreciate the reply. Sounds like pretty good $. Anyone else have some input??

Jesstzn
10-16-2003, 09:28 PM
I removed my tint once .. once .. Tint came off easy .. glue was another issue. Maybe the steamer will release the glue from tha glass and it will come with the tint.

rasx
10-17-2003, 11:48 PM
Anyone with price advice??