PDA

View Full Version : cost of one day at the track

PETERC4CAB
10-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Just wash and wax my car last weekend. Went to the track for a day and came home with this mess...

Guess got more work to do this weekend.

Peter:nixweiss :nixweiss

SK2003TypeS
10-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Auto X ? Get them off ASAP, bugs are very acidic.

Welcome to Autopia :wavey

Preachers Sheets
10-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Looks like you had some fun, you must of been moving pretty fast :)

C-MDX
10-16-2003, 06:44 PM
And wash the entire car too. Welcome!!!

PETERC4CAB
10-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Actually, it`s a pretty slow road course. The fastest I hit was 115mph. Went offroad one time and got the whole car dusty.

Had fun polishing, washing, waxing her

Had fun driving her,

Now gotta wash her again.......:D:D

Kinda glad I got those 2 coats of Klass on there and a fresh coat of Pinnicle Soverign.

Peter

imported_bigltc
10-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Yeah...115 is pretty slow. I mean, the fastest I`ve driven was like 80mph. :rolleyes: :p But anyways...seems like you had a lot of fun!! Have a great time cleaning!!! :)

forrest@mothers
10-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Off course? Must have been The Streets of Willow Springs.....

Pandora
10-16-2003, 11:40 PM
It could certainly be worse. I`ve pretty much written off the forward facing paint of my track car. Anytime you`re on a track with other cars, those surfaces get blasted with all of the track debris.

Of course off-road excursions don`t really help either! I`ve done a few of those with my "antiquated" rear suspension coming around to say hello.

Don`t forget that if you like all of your paint, racers tape is pretty cheap and will save a lot of post-track clean-up. My next track car, a Lotus Elise, will get to be more familiar with this then the coupe. Also, don`t forget to clean the wheels after sessions, they really take abuse from the extra brakedust. My wheels were just recently powdercoated brake-dust grey to minimize the guilt I feel from not immediately cleaning them. It just seemed easier to have wheels that always look dirty and then never feeling bad when they really are!

Enjoy the track, I`m sure the 996 is a blast, they really belong out there!

Ben

PETERC4CAB
10-17-2003, 10:37 AM
McoupeBen:

I`ve posted another thread on stuff to use for your Lotus when you get it. It`s an interesting product. Look for thread 4 those of you who track their cars.

Forrest:

Actually, It was Buttonwillow. There is really nothing to hit out there, but damn it gets dusty if you ever wondered off the road.

Peter