PDA

View Full Version : Blitz makes a comeback

ULUA.LAWAIA
10-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Two years ago when I first got into detailing, the first tin of wax I ever bought was Blitz. This was back when Blitz was the most recommended wax on the forums. My first waxing experience was harder than I expected, mostly because I was clueless. I slathered on the Blitz (using 1/3 of the can in one go!) on one of the hottest days of the year, and it took a dozen towels and 6 hours to do the job. The amount of buffing that I had to do created tons of static cling, which equated to lots of dust. In the end the results were worth it, but it was completely exhausting.

Shortly after, I tried Klasse, and it was so much easier to use that I vowed never to go back to Blitz. Then a year ago I tried S100, which was even easier than Klasse, so that became my new favorite.

Recently, I felt bad for the can of Blitz that`s been sitting on the shelf, so I decided to use it for old times` sake. I was shocked to find that it wasn`t difficult at all! I applied wax to the entire car, making sure not to use too much, then buffed it all off. It came off so easily!

What a difference technique makes, not to mention climate. This was on a perfect foggy morning, where the cool air kept the Blitz at a very manageable consistency while it dried on my car. Unlike the summer two years ago when the wax practically got baked on.

The famous trim staining problem wasn`t a problem either. I just stayed away from trim, and any that got on there I just wiped off right away easily. I haven`t noticed any significant dust either. In fact, there have been occasions where I got dust from S100 on a hot day where I must`ve applied a bit too much.

What I`ve learned from this experience is: technique makes all the difference, climate makes a lot of difference, and even though new state-of-the-art products are coming out all the time, the old products can still hold up. Strangely enough, Klasse has become the hardest for me to buff off. I still can`t figure that one out.

Oh, and now that I`ve been able to compare the results of S100 and Blitz, S100 seems to look glassier and more mirror-like, while Blitz has a more wet look.

Lowejackson
10-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Blitz is a great wax, I completely agree. It is a shame it is no longer a fashionable wax but it looks good and lasts a very long time. I have not had the dust issue other have had but I have no idea why.

Spilchy
10-16-2003, 02:05 PM
I stains my black trim after it rains a few times.

So I use it on my hood roof and trunk and use P21s on the sides where the trim is.

I like it very much for its durability on those areas where I use it since my climate is very harsh on cars.

YoSteve
10-22-2003, 11:14 PM
I still recommend the stuff. I like it.