PDA

View Full Version : APC vs. EFHI

pingable
10-14-2003, 02:22 PM
How Does APC compare to EFHI. I`ve used EFHi for years now, but it`s 2X the cost of EFHI.

I just got a free shipping coupon from CMA (but it needs to be $75 or more), but that`s all I really need right now is more all purpose cleaner. Other than that, maybe some EO Concours Tire Shine and some pads for the new rotary. TOL is cheaper though, but it should equal out with the free shipping.

Can`t really recall buying anything from CMA since Autopia-Carcare opened up....

imported_Greg
10-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Well the CMA price of EFHI is $20/gallon. That is how much I pay for APC+ from my Megs. supplier. The APC is very concentrated unlike the EFHI which is IMO only midly concentrated. I dillute 9:1 for wheels, so 9 gallons of wheel cleaner for $20. Plus no shipping.

pingable
10-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks Greg. FWIW, CMA charges $10.95 on APC. Haven`t seen any CMA coupon for awhile.

Just gotta gather more goodies to meet the $75 min. for free shipping.

chris0626
10-15-2003, 12:11 AM
To me, the APC+ seems pretty-much equivalent to EFHI. Initially bought both for engine-cleaning and both performed well. But because APC+ has all those dilutions for different applications (dewaxing, carpet-cleaning, engine-cleaning, etc.), I just find it more versatile. I`ll probably use up the rest of my EFHI on the next engine-cleaning binge, then rely on APC+.

Just my $.02 --