PDA

View Full Version : Business re organization help?

centrefire114
10-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Im curious from the guys who have the shops and work out of your homes, What square footage of space do you have? How many vehicles or what size can you accomidate?

Im in the process of actually down sizing Im in a building with almost 23,000 square feet between the two and I honestly cant afford it since I have shut my towing business down as it was not making any money, I want to keep detailing and Im doing some research and business plan to re organize, If you have can you email pictures of your setup.

I just got back from looking at a 2 bay garage with a small showroom which is connected to a gas station and convince store, I would defently be tight on space compared to what I have now only be able to have 2 cars in maybe real tight 3 but when it comes to washing it will be close enough you probally will get the other vehicle wet. This location is on a major state highway and with the convince/gas station connected I thought I might be in luck and get good business their, another downfall is its about total 2000 sq feet for 1900 a month that includes all utlities except phone.

Well lets here your opinions

Thanks

safetyman2010
10-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by THE BUFF

Im curious from the guys who have the shops and work out of your homes, What square footage of space do you have? How many vehicles or what size can you accomidate?

Im in the process of actually down sizing Im in a building with almost 23,000 square feet between the two and I honestly cant afford it since I have shut my towing business down as it was not making any money, I want to keep detailing and Im doing some research and business plan to re organize, If you have can you email pictures of your setup.

I just got back from looking at a 2 bay garage with a small showroom which is connected to a gas station and convince store, I would defently be tight on space compared to what I have now only be able to have 2 cars in maybe real tight 3 but when it comes to washing it will be close enough you probally will get the other vehicle wet. This location is on a major state highway and with the convince/gas station connected I thought I might be in luck and get good business their, another downfall is its about total 2000 sq feet for 1900 a month that includes all utlities except phone.

Well lets here your opinions

Thanks

My shop is approx. 2000 square feet plus 2 offices and is layed out like a tunnel at a car wash with 2 10x10 bay doors at each end. Each "lane" can accomodate 4 cars so we can comfortably fit 8 cars in the shop at any time. Our rent is getting a little high now (approaching $3000 a month plus utilities) but our loc ation can`t be beat as we are dead centre downtown. Your proposed new shop should have several things: (1) great location if you are after retail customers - doesn`t really matter if you are going to focus mainly on dealer work. (2) appropriate layout and facilities - will the layout of the shop meet your specific needs? does the shop have adequate power supply, proper drainage, parking etc.... (3) the rent must be affordable and appropriate for the size, location and condition of the building. I hope this helps you in your quest for a new shop. The price you gave for the shop you are talking about seems reasonable - perhaps you should involve a commercial real estate broker to help you find the perfect situation. I did when I re-negotiated my lease and it helped let the landlord know I meant business.