PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with Klasse

Pages : [1] 2

tlsrmw
10-13-2003, 10:20 AM
This weekend I washed, clayed, washed again, AIO and then KSG. In applying KSG, I moistened a MF applicator with a couple of shots of Showtime. I removed the KSG with a damp MF and then a dry MF. Finished everything last evening.

Today, the KSG on one side of my hood only has blistered. What happened?

To fix it, can I just AIO over the affected area and then apply KSG again.

Thanks all.

tcfool
10-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by tlsrmw

This weekend I washed, clayed, washed again, AIO and then KSG. In applying KSG, I moistened a MF applicator with a couple of shots of Showtime. I removed the KSG with a damp MF and then a dry MF. Finished everything last evening.

Today, the KSG on one side of my hood only has blistered. What happened?

To fix it, can I just AIO over the affected area and then apply KSG again.

Thanks all.

WTH...:confused:

I can`t even imagine what you are talking about with the blister statement... You mean there are little pockets of air trapped under the KSG or small wrinkles??? How? Was the hood real hot when you applied the product?

LOL

TC

:nixweiss

tlsrmw
10-13-2003, 11:52 AM
Yes, there are little bubbles (approx 1-2 cm) all over the hood. The hood was cool to the touch when applied. Outside temp was approx 60 degrees at about 5:00 pm in NJ.

raymond_ho2002
10-13-2003, 12:10 PM
You are sure these are pockets of air? So when you press on them, they change size, deflate, etc.? Do they flake off?

Jesstzn
10-13-2003, 12:16 PM
When you applied what part of the car did you do first .. was it the side of the hood that blistered?

tlsrmw
10-13-2003, 12:19 PM
When you applied what part of the car did you do first .. was it the side of the hood that blistered?

As a matter of fact it was. Only half of the hood blistered, and it`s the half I applied KSG to first.

tlsrmw
10-13-2003, 12:22 PM
You are sure these are pockets of air? So when you press on them, they change size, deflate, etc.?

I`ve pressed on a few. They collapse onto the KSG and mar the finish. They could be bubbles of KSG I suppose. They are clear and they look somewhat like tapioca in terms of size and shape.

Jesstzn
10-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Just a gues.. maybe the Showtime caused some form of reaction. Don`t know the solution to your problem .. just more trying to maybe help it not happen again.

tcfool
10-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Just a gues.. maybe the Showtime caused some form of reaction.

I might go with this as well.... unless you put the KSG on real thick and not thin... then maybe something strange.. pretty weird.. :eek:

TC

:xyxthumbs

Alexaris
10-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Wery weird indeed. Do you have or could you take any pic, I think for the users of KSG as myself could be interesting see something like that.

tlsrmw
10-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Have you ever done any comparison testing of products by splitting the hood down the middle??? Just throwin` it out there...

No. First time for anything on the car. Received the car late August and only washed it regularly since.

raymond_ho2002
10-13-2003, 05:05 PM
I would try using aio on the entire hood to get rid of sg.. If sg is the cause, the bubbles should disappear. Then SG half the hood to see if the bubbles appear again on the SG`ed side.

shaf
10-14-2003, 11:48 PM
Any updates on this? This is VERY strange and I can`t even guess as to what this is or how it could come about. :nixweiss

Are you sure there`s no chance that something might have sprayed/fallen on that part of the car at some point?

tlsrmw
10-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Any updates on this? This is VERY strange and I can`t even guess as to what this is or how it could come about

I haven`t had a chance to take a picture because it`s been dark lately when I leave and when I get home from work. This weekend I will AIO the entire hood and then KSG (this time I`ll use a light mist of distilled water on the applicator). Either of the suggestions offered - applied too thick or reacted with Showtime - are possible. I`m hoping for a better report Monday.

imported_f150smith
10-15-2003, 08:16 AM
KSG, should be applied with a dry applictor. The bubbles could be a reaction of the SG and FD that you had sprayed on the pad. Try using AIO on that side of the hood and then reapplying the KSK with a dry pad. Then after it dry use the damp and dry MF to remove.