PDA

View Full Version : PC question

airjames
10-12-2003, 09:59 AM
I`ve learned you spread the product with the PC off. Why is this so?? What harm will it do if you do spread the product with the machine on??? Last time i used it to AIO my Ranger, it was kind of a PITA to spread the product, especially on doors and the flareside bed. Any info I"m open too,,,,,,,91

PAW
10-12-2003, 11:06 AM
Can you say sling?!?! That`s the reason I was told to spread the product with the PC off. You might be able to spread the product on the pad with your finger? I`ve also got the Meguair`s video on correcting paint defects. With a rotary buffer, they showed a way to pick up the product with the buffer running. You spread a bead of product on the surface. They showed this on a horitizal surface. I`m not sure how you`d do it on a vertical surface. You postioned the buffer ro the right of the bead. Raised the edge of the buffer closest to the bead. Turned the buffer on and swept the buffer over the bead. They move at a good pace. Probably a foot a second. This distributed the product across the pad without sling. I don`t know if this will work was a PC or not.