PDA

View Full Version : First time using my PC

YIELAR
10-11-2003, 12:59 AM
Well I must say that I thought it would be easier than it was. :o Using the PC itself wasn`t too bad but trying to buff off the Polish was a PITA ! I`m using MPPC followed by #9 and #81HP. The MPPC wasn`t too bad removing but the #9 was a challange. Am I not buffing long enough? I don`t like the idea of buffing dry polish but maybe thats what I`m doing wrong? Once the polish dries on the paint.....good luck buffing that off with a MF. I think I`m inducing more damage trying to get the polish off then putting it on ! :nixweiss I`m going to apply the #81HP tomorrow morning with my PC and then hit her with Zaino. All I can say is AIO is looking better and better by the hour :p . Any input on removed the polish would be appreciated. :xyxthumbs

Yielar

GoodnClean
10-11-2003, 02:32 AM
You`re using way too much product and not working it long enough. Try using just one dollup at 12 o clock, 3, 6, and 9 around the pad.

YIELAR
10-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Can I cause damage if I work the polish in too long? I mean 5 minurtes or so per panel?

LouisanaJeeper
10-11-2003, 02:52 PM
as long as you keep the pc moving, you will not damage. It should take about 5 min/ 2x2` section

Tim Lingor
10-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Hey!

Check your PM`s.

But in the mean time.

With Meguiar`s #9 Swirl Remover or #82 Swirl Free Polish, you do NOT buff dry. That will re-introduce micro-marring back into the finish. While using either of the above products, keep a wet edge while buffing. If you see that you need more time, add more product and continue buffing. Remove the product while it is still slightly wet. You can also mist the area with #34 Final Inspection to assist in the removal process, though you should not have to.

Tim

YIELAR
10-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Well I must say that I`m getting a lot more efficient using my PC. The first time I used it it took me hours to polish my car using MPPC. I just finished using DACP because I wasn`t happy after using #9. I turned up the speed to 5 and 6 to buff out which seems to help. I definately was using too much product at first which made it tough to remove. I`ve been told to remove the #9 while it is still wet so I`ll have to try that because I was getting some slight marring buffing it out like I did with the DACP. Every once in a while the left over polish on the edges of my pad would dry and start to fling on the surface that I would be polishing. These hard pieces of dried polish would scratch if I just ignored them so I cleaned the pad when I saw this start to happen. My girlfriend must think I`m nuts working on my car for two full days now ! Anyway I better get back at her. Here goes another try with #9 then #81hp. Thanks for the tips. :)

Yielar

YIELAR
10-12-2003, 02:28 PM
I finished polishing with DACP and #9 and now to apply M#81 hand polish with the PC which is says can be done. I`m having an incredibly hard time removing the polish. I`ve tried using let product, removing it while still wet and still not making it any easier ! Should I wash the car after using DACP and #9 before using the #81HP?? It`s definately the hardest so far to remove is this normal? Any input would be great.

Yielar

YIELAR
10-12-2003, 02:42 PM
I`ve been thinking and wondering if the reason I`m having such a hard time removing the #81 is because I`m using a white pad from LCM? Should I be using the black pad? Just a thought.

Yielar

BradE
10-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Try using a QD to aid in removal of the #81, the pad selection has nothing to do with removal issues.

Tim Lingor
10-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey Yielar,

Check your PM`s.

Cheers!

Tim