PDA

View Full Version : some one keyed my car

imported_outsider
10-10-2003, 10:44 PM
about a month ago someone keyed my car. at that time i didnt know about this website so i went down to my local auto store and got some touch up paint. when i apply the paint to the effected area it look nothing like the paint of my body color. and you can still feel the scratch.

is there anyway i can fix this problem are am i better off gettin my side repainted?

thanks

mike

any recommendation will be apperciated.:bow

Scottwax
10-10-2003, 11:15 PM
9 times out of 10, when your car is keyed deep enough to show the primer, refinishing is really your only option.

Sorry to hear about your car. Public hanging is too good for people who key cars.

K_Csaxo
10-11-2003, 09:36 AM
sorry to hear about your car, i know how bad it feels and whats the point? the person who did it will not gain anything from it, they will still have the same house, shoes, clothes etc the next day, idiots.

only thing i can suggest is to get it resprayed as touch ups will always show up, well thats from my experience lol.

drrac2
10-11-2003, 09:59 AM
Repaint its the only way to really do it right.

My car got keyed a while back, and ultimately I ended up with an ENTIRE repaint.

Do your body shop research well, choose high quality paint, and seeing as your an Autopian expect at least THREE trips back to the paint shop for perfection.

Good luck

If you find out who did it please be sure to key their face.:angry

DantePasquale
10-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Sorry to hear about your car. If it is any consulation, the person who did the damage is probably a miserable human being, and will most likely always be miserable.....

As far as your paint, let a pro fix this one. Ask around, find someone with a good reputation and be willing to pay for a professional job.

imported_outsider
10-11-2003, 11:56 AM
thank everyone

yea.... it is sad that is the kind of society we live in today. people have no respect for others property...